• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Derek Jeter is so likable. I just don't understand how he had so many haters during the first half of last season. I was so happy when he shut everyone right the fuck up by hitting nearly .300 by the end of the season.

He's been remarkable at the start of this season, with no signs of slowing down.

h3ro

nFcpG.jpg

yankees are embarassing juicers.

I love juice. I drink some every morning. I'm sure the Yankee Stadium staff has some crazy Iron Chef level juicers.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Obviously using Google search to make a point is meaningless. He exudes nothing but respectfulness.

So I ask, once again, how is he a douchebag? Because all the people and ballplayers who've interacted with him say otherwise.

Everyone who played with Tom Brady say he is great, but people don't like him..

Same with LBJ who would have been called a douche regardless how he left Cle.

I never liked Jeter, I respect his skill tho, but he comes off as a smug asshat to me..

Most winners are smug assholes and unless you are a fan of that player or team you will not like them. It is the nature of being a fan..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Love that half the links on that page has nothing to do with Jeter being a douche.

He wins, he has swagger, so of course people dislike him.. myself included.. Never liked him. But when he retires I will miss what he brings to the game. He will be rememebered as one of the greats...

Like MJ...

cashman

Banned
None of you guys have heard Jim Joyce call a game before?

Fun Fact: This is the same guy who fucked Armando Galaraga's perfect game a couple years back. (That made me feel kinda old.) He's generally one of the better umps in the game.

Enron

Banned
None of you guys have heard Jim Joyce call a game before?

Fun Fact: This is the same guy who fucked Armando Galaraga's perfect game a couple years back. (That made me feel kinda old.) He's generally one of the better umps in the game.

You want old? I remember watching Kenny Rogers perfect game.

it's like people forgot that Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth, Dimaggio, Reggie Jackson all played for the yanks, and infinitely were more insufferable cunts than derek jeter.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Leaderboard Updated On: April 14, 2012
Most Recent Post: April 14

Slowest Trot

Bryan LaHair - April 13, 27.16 secs.
Jonny Gomes - April 11, 27.07
Hanley Ramirez - April 7, 26.69
David Ortiz - April 14, 25.79
Geovany Soto - April 10, 25.55
Carlos Lee - April 6, 25.44
Bryan LaHair - April 9, 25.12
David Freese - April 6, 25.05
Miguel Cabrera #1 - April 7, 25.0
(Click "Continue Reading" to see the rest.)

Quickest Trot (non-Inside-the-Park)

Alejandro De Aza - April 9, 17.95 secs.
Kelly Johnson - April 14, 17.97
Brian Bogusevic - April 6, 18.06
Mike Aviles - April 14, 18.16
Adam Jones - April 7, 18.19
Dustin Pedroia - April 9, 18.29
Austin Jackson - April 10, 18.32
Curtis Granderson - April 13, 18.65
Yoenis Cespedes - March 29, 18.69
Chase Headley - April 13, 18.81*

Inside-the-Park Home Runs (Total Hit: 1)

Peter Bourjos - April 11, 14.26 secs.

http://wezen-ball.com/tater-trot-tracker/tater-trot-tracker/2012-tater-trot-tracker-leaders.html
lol Kelly Johnson's/Alejandro De Aza's trots are almost ast fast as Peter Bourjos Inside the parker.

kinda suprised heyward isn't on that list, he flies around the bases when he hits one.

edit: ah, heyward's HR against the astros was 19.52 seconds.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=16452

edit: thank god that boring game is over. (probably espn's fault)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom