• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Braves fans, who's your favorite terrible relieve of the past 7 or so years?

Dan Kolb, Chris Reitsma, Jorge Sosa, Tyler Yates, Jesse Chavez, Manny Acosta, Blaine Boyer, or the Proctologist? Durbin hasn't pitched the minimum 30 innings to qualify.

Kolb inspired a a special kind of hate. I think Durbin has a ways to go yet to reach those lows.

Talon

Weird, I was talking with my friend just yesterday at the Braves/Brewers game about all-time terrible Braves relievers that we couldn't stand.

First two guys to come to mind were Reitsma and Kolb.
I was at Reitsma's first appearance as a closer. I've never laughed that much at a closer video on the big screen ever.

Nothing like that goofy canuck trying to grimace and look intimidating with flames coming up behind him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Okay maybe they weren't strikes. They were just a tad bit outside.

Anyway it's Cody Ross. The strike zone should be much bigger for that smug loser.

Sanjuro

p5AJO.gif

Florida baseball culture.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Dan Kolb, Chris Reitsma, Jorge Sosa, Tyler Yates, Jesse Chavez, Manny Acosta, Blaine Boyer, or the Proctologist? Durbin hasn't pitched the minimum 30 innings to qualify.

I have a fondness for terrible puns, so Icostya wins this race for me.

Solid list but its missing Scott Linebrink!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
about time they retire smoltz's number. Shame its against the blue jays, we will probably lose.

Proctor, McBride, Resop, Lance Comier, Reitsma in 2006, Blowyer (although he probably was unlucky), kolb and it goes on and on and on.

I don't mind Acosta because of the great pun.

verbum

By the end of next month the correct answer will be Livan Hernandez.

No way, Jose. The man has guts.

“He’s got a lot of guts,” Braves catcher David Ross said. “He definitely gives you a chance to win when he’s out there. That’s all you can ask. You can count on him to take the mound. He wants the ball. That’s a hard thing to put a value on.”

Enron

Banned
People at work are sametiming me, telling me Durbin has been released. I can't find any info on it though. Please be true.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
MLB: Umpire used improper mechanics
“After review and discussion with the umpire, we have determined that the call itself of a fair ball was correct. However, while making the call, there was an incorrect mechanic, which appeared to confuse San Diego’s base runners. At no time did the umpire verbally kill the play on the field. After reviewing the entire situation following the game, the umpire realizes his hands were in an exaggerated upward appearance similar to a call that would indicate a dead ball. While we all agree that it was a fair ball that did not hit the batter, the umpire recognizes that the proper mechanic was not executed as he tried to avoid the catcher.”
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20659155&c_id=mlb

looking at the replay it looks like it was fair after all, rolled fair before he picked it up, but i would think hand signals from the ump would overrule his voice considering you can't hear shit. Should have been dead because the ump fucked up.

Meohsix

I don't like the announcer on espn, but I'm too lazy to turn on my ps3/MLB.tv to watch the YES feed.
First world problems =[

Anybody watching the Braves can confirm that Hanson is getting squeezed to a ridiculous amount by this ump?

Can't do MLB.tv at the moment, just watching a gamecast.

Talon

Okay, switched to a different one. ESPN apparently needs to be calibrated. A pitch was almost right down the middle on their gamecast, but high and inside according to the MLB one.
ESPN's gamecast is hilariously inaccurate.

Somebody take care of that squirrel on Gee's chin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom