• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

MarlinsShowtime2.jpg

Video preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWjmh6SOAr0

SHOWTIME will air a special 30-minute preview episode of THE FRANCHISE: A SEASON WITH THE MIAMI MARLINS on Saturday, April 21st at 9 PM ET/PT. It will feature exclusive all-access coverage of Marlins management and players both on and off-the-field, the pomp and circumstance of the opening of Marlins Park and the events surrounding the suspension of manager Ozzie Guillen. Watch a preview before it airs!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Every Braves player who came to the plate today, including pitchers and pinch-hitters, got at least one hit.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
one thing (probably the only thing) I like about fredi's bullpen management is his willingness to let pitchers go more than one inning. It's probably more due to the roster construction than anything though.

Also it's pretty bad when I don't trust durbin with a 5 run lead.

andycapps

one thing (probably the only thing) I like about fredi's bullpen management is his willingness to let pitchers go more than one inning. It's probably more due to the roster construction than anything though.

Hernandez and Medlen being there is going to do a lot for our bullpen this year. They'll take a lot of work off of O'Ventrel.

I don't truct Durbin either.

Meohsix

WooT! just got tickets for Fridays Tampa Yankees vs Daytona Cubs. and Andy Pettitte is pitching that night!
EDIT: just hope the rain they are calling for doesn't fuck things up...

LJ11

Maybe it's me but MLB.tv looks pretty mediocre on the iPad. Cool UI but the feed itself is rather disappointing.

verbum

Which is worse, Procter or Durbin? I wonder if the whole team gets nervous when Durbin comes in now. I imagine so.
I do feel better about Livan now, he will be pitching when he is 40 years old. A six foot curve and a 40 mph breaking ball.

He will have to in order to pay his debts:
He owes a Miami bank $500,000 and
Washington Nationals pitcher Livan Hernandez is the target of a federal money laundering investigation over his alleged ties to a convicted Puerto Rican drug trafficker, the Washington Times reported Tuesday.

According to the report, the veteran right-hander is suspected of acting as a "straw buyer" for Angel Ayala-Vazquez in the purchase of two luxury sports cars in January 2006.

Ayala-Vazquez was convicted in April of conspiracy to distribute cocaine, heroin and pills in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. He was also considered one of the leading traffickers of drugs into the U.S.

Ayala-Vazquez took possession of the 2006 Lamborghini and 2003 Porsche, valued at more than $400,000, while the cars remained in Hernandez's name with Florida registrations, it is alleged. According to court documents from Ayala-Vazquez's trial, authorities believe straw buyers were used to make purchases of real estate, cars and businesses look legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom