• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

to5Ep.jpg

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I fucking love Derek Jeter.

9-pitch at-bat, gets a hit, takes his BA to .400

I love it. A huge "Fuck you!" to all the haters doubting him the last couple seasons. He's hitting better right now than he ever has before... at 38... Goddamn.

Branduil

I fucking love Derek Jeter.

9-pitch at-bat, gets a hit, takes his BA to .400

I love it. A huge "Fuck you!" to all the haters doubting him the last couple seasons. He's hitting better right now than he ever has before... at 38... Goddamn.

Let's just ignore the fact that he got his third strike called a ball.

MrOogieBoogie

I just wish his critics would show up and eat their crow.

I'm looking at you Steve Somers.

I know, it's annoying. When he's hitting well, no one says anything.

Hell, there are a couple of users on our very own GAF I'm waiting for to eat crow.

I know, it's annoying. When he's hitting well, no one says anything.

Hell, there are a couple of users on our very own GAF I'm waiting for to eat crow.

I never said anything about Jeter but I will say that why are you surprised that people mentioned when he wasnt doing well? Big players get more praise when they are going well, and more flack when they arent. If anything I think Jeter gets a bit of a pass when he struggles because he has such a positive reputation around the league.

MrOogieBoogie

I never said anything about Jeter but I will say that why are you surprised that people mentioned when he wasnt doing well? Big players get more praise when they are going well, and more flack when they arent. If anything I think Jeter gets a bit of a pass when he struggles because he has such a positive reputation around the league.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people questioning a player's ability or anything like that. My rant is directed at the people who were just saying terrible, terrible things about a man who's done SO much for the team yet was struggling for a little while. The people who were screaming, "Bat him 9th!" or "Let him go, Girardi!" and other nonsense like, "He's the worst player ever."

Just stupid shit like that. Of course it was worrying that he wasn't hitting well, but it seemed like an inordinate amount of people took it WAY too far and meant it.

cashman

Banned
Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people questioning a player's ability or anything like that. My rant is directed at the people who were just saying terrible, terrible things about a man who's done SO much for the team yet was struggling for a little while. The people who were screaming, "Bat him 9th!" or "Let him go, Girardi!" and other nonsense like, "He's the worst player ever."

Just stupid shit like that. Of course it was worrying that he wasn't hitting well, but it seemed like an inordinate amount of people took it WAY too far and meant it.

It's not girardi's decision on whether or not to keep him on the club.

eznark

Banned
Lol, MLB refusing to release the arbiters decision on Braun. Obviously they fucked up bad and the ruling was based on much more than a technicality and they are trying to protect their asses.

Thanks for the clarification that Braun was clearly and decisively innocent, Bud!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom