• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game to watch tonight is Mets - Giants. Either the Mets destroy Lincecum officially ending his career or Lincecum rights himself, officially ending the nice start to the Mets season.
Ill be there live to see the Mets end Lincecums career and for Mets to continue nice start!

Doytch

Getting ready for some live MLB baseball again....finally. Hitting up the O's/Jays game this Thursday [suck it down, Toronto-based fans, I get to see Hutchison live before you!] and Phillies/Cubs game on Saturday. I listened to Jon's advice re:the 400s for CBP, now just need some food recs!

Getting ready for some live MLB baseball again....finally. Hitting up the O's/Jays game this Thursday [suck it down, Toronto-based fans, I get to see Hutchison live before you!] and Phillies/Cubs game on Saturday. I listened to Jon's advice re:the 400s for CBP, now just need some food recs!

In the phils stadium definitely check out Bulls barbq. They have really good food that is not the normal stadium fair.

Jon

Crab Fries! (That is, if you like old-bay fries). And in all honesty, they are probably overpriced and overrated for what they are.

Bull's BBQ is good....umm...a few concession stands make fresh sausage and pepper sandwiches which are pretty good as well.

There isn't really anything I would say you need to stay away from at CBP, just get what you like. Sometimes, nothing beats a nice hot dog and a soft pretzel.

verbum

Anyone know how much the Mets and Yankees charged for each seat from Shea and the old Yankees Stadium?

$7,500 for an entire dugout doesn't seem too bad.

You could buy at lot of beer and a nice bar top with some taps for $7500. I'd rather sit at the bar watching ballgames than in an old dugout.

RBH

You could buy at lot of beer and a nice bar top with some taps for $7500. I'd rather sit at the bar watching ballgames than in an old dugout.

Same, but I was more commenting on how the price seemed relatively inexpensive compared to what some of the individual seats from Shea and YS were going for.

verbum

Same, but I was more commenting on how the price seemed relatively inexpensive compared to what some of the individual seats from Shea and YS were going for.

That's true.
Do you think Delgado learned a valuable lesson last night? I have a feeling he'll never walk another pitcher with the bases loaded again. Or at least try a little better next time.

Zep

Banned
Doytch! You're coming to Philly this weekend?! Maybe we can...hang out after the game or something, go to brand new infinity live building across the street and chill?

39786115_bottle203.jpg

Talon

Crab Fries! (That is, if you like old-bay fries). And in all honesty, they are probably overpriced and overrated for what they are.

Bull's BBQ is good....umm...a few concession stands make fresh sausage and pepper sandwiches which are pretty good as well.

There isn't really anything I would say you need to stay away from at CBP, just get what you like. Sometimes, nothing beats a nice hot dog and a soft pretzel.
Isn't there a Geno's in CBP?

I think I preferred Pat's last time around, though. I don't think I could eat a whole philly cheesesteak now. My 15-year-old self had a stronger stomach.

Jon

Isn't there a Geno's in CBP?

I think I preferred Pat's last time around, though. I don't think I could eat a whole philly cheesesteak now. My 15-year-old self had a stronger stomach.

There is a Tony Luke's. I think Campo's is also still in there, but I am not sure they sell a competing cheesesteak.

Since I'll be on the bus to NY by then I'll post this early:

New York Mets
1) Kirk Nieuwenhuis CF
2) Daniel Murphy 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Lucas Duda RF
5) Ike Davis 1B
6) Josh Thole C
7) Ruben Tejada SS
8) Mike Baxter LF
9) Miguel Batista RHP

San Francisco Giants
1) Angel Pagan CF
2) Melky Cabrera LF
3) Pablo Sandoval 3B
4) Buster Posey C
5) Nate Schierholtz LF
6) Brandon Belt 1B
7) Emmanuel Burris 2B
8) Brandon Crawford SS
9) Tim Lincecum RHP

The Animal Batista is going to wreck the Giants, and it will be AWESOME.

Doytch

Doytch! You're coming to Philly this weekend?! Maybe we can...hang out after the game or something, go to brand new infinity live building across the street and chill?
39786115_bottle203.jpg
I'll knock back drinks with any MLB-agers. I'll be in Philly Friday afternoon and all of Saturday, and I'm flying back Sunday morning. PM if interested.

RBH

That's true.
Do you think Delgado learned a valuable lesson last night? I have a feeling he'll never walk another pitcher with the bases loaded again. Or at least try a little better next time.

Delgado just seems to have that one inning per game where everything just unravels for him, unfortunately.

bluemax

Banned
Since I'll be on the bus to NY by then I'll post this early:

New York Mets
1) Kirk Nieuwenhuis CF
2) Daniel Murphy 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Lucas Duda RF
5) Ike Davis 1B
6) Josh Thole C
7) Ruben Tejada SS
8) Mike Baxter LF
9) Miguel Batista RHP

San Francisco Giants
1) Angel Pagan CF
2) Melky Cabrera LF
3) Pablo Sandoval 3B
4) Buster Posey C
5) Nate Schierholtz LF
6) Brandon Belt 1B
7) Emmanuel Burris 2B
8) Brandon Crawford SS
9) Tim Lincecum RHP

The Animal Batista is going to wreck the Giants, and it will be AWESOME.

Miguel Batista is still in the league? Wow!

carlos

Delgado just seems to have that one inning per game where everything just unravels for him, unfortunately.

I think Beachy had the same problem last year, it's probably just a matter of maturing more.
I'm more worried about Teheran, if he's called up and starts struggling again, he's going to start getting called a AAAA pitcher.

Meier

Utley was at batting practice today. Looking good to, hopefully he will be back soon.

Took a flyer on him in the late rounds. Hope he gets back soon and can play at a similar level to his peak.. if not, I have Cuddyer as my starting 2B and he's been lights out this year (*knocks on wood*).

MoosiferX

So I just got back from a Seattle trip, and caught a couple of the M's games vs. the White Sox (including the perfect game on Saturday).

A friend of mine thinks that it's terrible to give a standing ovation to an away team pitcher, and in most other cases I'd agree with him, but this was a perfect game. 90% of SafeCo Field was on their feet for Humber. What're some of your guys' thoughts? Would you have boo'd until there was no tomorrow?

So I just got back from a Seattle trip, and caught a couple of the M's games vs. the White Sox (including the perfect game on Saturday).

A friend of mine thinks that it's terrible to give a standing ovation to an away team pitcher, and in most other cases I'd agree with him, but this was a perfect game. 90% of SafeCo Field was on their feet for Humber. What're some of your guys' thoughts? Would you have boo'd until there was no tomorrow?

It's acceptable for a perfect game or no hitter, IMO. If my team is getting no hit in the 9th, I root for a)my team to come back and win, b)if that can't happen, then for the pitcher to get the no hitter/perfect game.

I may make an exception if it were a particularly crucial game or a playoff game.

If it was a division rival or a huge douche bag type guy I wouldnt cheer but otherwise I would. There are even exceptions to that though, if it was a super classy guy like Greg Maddux I would have cheered even though he was with a division rival.

Zep

Banned
Took a flyer on him in the late rounds. Hope he gets back soon and can play at a similar level to his peak.. if not, I have Cuddyer as my starting 2B and he's been lights out this year (*knocks on wood*).

lol. The only thing that will be "peak" is his OBP.

Expect the worst.

MoosiferX

It's acceptable for a perfect game or no hitter, IMO. If my team is getting no hit in the 9th, I root for a)my team to come back and win, b)if that can't happen, then for the pitcher to get the no hitter/perfect game.

I may make an exception if it were a particularly crucial game or a playoff game.

That's kind of how I feel as well. I never want my team to lose, but that was quite the spectacle to witness. Everyone was on their feet in the bottom of the 9th, especially when he almost blew it w/ the 3 straight balls to Saunders.

That's kind of how I feel as well. I never want my team to lose, but that was quite the spectacle to witness. Everyone was on their feet in the bottom of the 9th, especially when he almost blew it w/ the 3 straight balls to Saunders.

I don't if I would vocally root for the opposing pitcher, especially if it was a close game, but I would sure as hell give him a big hand when he did it.

And if it was a blowout I'd quietly be rooting for a perfect game or no-hitter just to see history.

cashman

Banned
So, pudge is kind of fucking awesome.

I'd cheer if anybody got a perfect game. Except for Jered Weaver. Fuck that guy

Hope the Brewers wear these uniforms more often.

Also, again people MLB-Age IRC Channel

MLB-Age on IRC

IRC SERVER (You can choose any one of these):
irc.browsingtheinternet.com
irc.gccafe.com
irc.wiicafe.com

IRC CHANNEL:
#mlb-age

CLIENTS:
WINDOWS: X-Chat, mIRC
MAC OSX: Colloquy, Linkinus
UNIVERSAL: mibbit.com

Mibbit Link: http://mibbit.com/?channel=#mlb-age&server=irc.wiicafe.com

Ya'll know what the fuck this is! Click the mibbit (link), get in it. IRC

cashman

Banned
Mad respect for him...Great player to watch

They had his retirement ceremony today. Instead of throwing at the first pitch, he got behind the plate and threw it down to Michael Young at second. Easily my favorite ranger of all time.
Tonight, the Yankees end the Rangers' early season rampage through baseball.

Tonight, Holland's stagecoach returns to pumpkin form.

Tonight, the Yankees don't get to face the Red Sox bullpen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom