• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heading to Citi Field after class tomorrow for some doubleheader baseball! 18 innings of baseball cant wait. Used that deal posted on amazon. Paid 15 bucks for a seat in Ceaser Box.

Nice victory for the astros today. The team has actually been fun to watch this season, unlike what i was expecting. Pitching hasn't been horrible, and we're hitting the ball.

BOBBY-VALENTINE-DRINKING-WHISKEY1.gif

The legend of Sobby Valencryin' continues. Red Sox fans booing him defies logic.

Boy, after watching the schlacking Detroit took at the hands of Texas over the weekend, I feel pretty bad for not putting them atop the pennant race. Look like the best team in baseball right now. The bats are still great and the pitching looks ahead of last year. Glad we got at least 1 out of them, although I have convinced myself we would have split if Fister wasn't on the DL.

Tough road in the AL this year

eznark

Banned
Boy, after watching the schlacking Detroit took at the hands of Texas over the weekend, I feel pretty bad for not putting them atop the pennant race. Look like the best team in baseball right now. The bats are still great and the pitching looks ahead of last year. Glad we got at least 1 out of them, although I have convinced myself we would have split if Fister wasn't on the DL.

Tough road in the AL this year

At least you'll only need about 73 wins to take that division.

Yeah, then it'll just happen like last year when they realize they are pitching above their talent and we go 15-50 again

I feel for Pirates fans, it seems like they do this every year. They pitching starts out well, they are in most of their games, and then some point comes where the pitching stumbles and the offense cant pick up the slack and the team drop like a rock. The worst part is they actually tried to spend money this offseason, but most players dont want to play there.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Can't wait for Texas vs. New York tonight.

The two best hitting teams in baseball right now. Texas has the better starting pitching, but I have faith in both teams to put on a slugfest.

Sanjuro

Can't wait for Boston vs. Minnesota tonight.

The two worst pitching teams in baseball right now. Boston has the worse starting pitching, but I have faith in both teams to put on a lolfest.

eznark

Banned
The game to watch tonight is Mets - Giants. Either the Mets destroy Lincecum officially ending his career or Lincecum rights himself, officially ending the nice start to the Mets season.

ToxicAdam

Masterson has regressed back to looking like the guy in Boston. Can't reliably locate and very susceptible once he's working out of the stretch (after the inevitable walk). He's just not as deceptive and hitters spit on his sinking stuff.

The good news is that his problem is all mechanics, the bad news is that his problem is all mechanics.

Indians have been a nice surprise, but they have had a very easy April schedule. KC and the struggling Angels are up this week.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Man, sounds like the Twins are about ready to cut ties with Liriano. Sad.
It will be interesting to see what they do with him. He can't throw his two-seamer over, and he's lost velocity on the four-seamer. He was working 93-95 in 2010, and now he's working 90-92. He seems to pitch fine until he runs into any trouble at all now, so I think a lot of it is mental.

I'm not sure Gardenhire & Anderson are the guys to fix him. I'm fairly relegated to the fact they'll let him walk after the season and he'll find some success with a pitching coach who can work with him better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom