• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

Really hoping Pujols ends the year with good numbers. As a Cardinals fan, I'm certainly sad to see him go, but that doesn't mean I want a total career collapse for him.

Objectively, however, if Pujols ends the year with 3-4 WAR (or lower) instead of 5+, that would be a very bad sign. There's no reason to expect him to get better at 34+ than he is right now, and the Angels have eight years of 34+.

clemenx

Banned
Lol poor Yonder Alonso 2 PETCO doubles tonight that could've been HR anywhere else.

Also, why is there a chicken over the Padres' dugout, is that their mascot?

McNei1y

Lol poor Yonder Alonso 2 PETCO doubles tonight that could've been HR anywhere else.

Also, why is there a chicken over the Padres' dugout, is that their mascot?

I just had that answered, i think. Someone said its a radio station promotion or some shit.

image.php

I'm probably spoiled having lived in Arlington, TX for the last 6 years, but man oh man, this Nats-Pads game. I'm watching because it's late and the last game of the night, but I should have known better it being a NL late night West Coast game.

I'm probably spoiled having lived in Arlington, TX for the last 6 years, but man oh man, this Nats-Pads game. I'm watching because it's late and the last game of the night, but I should have known better it being a NL late night West Coast game.
No, you're spoiled by previously watching a highpowered offense and now watching two teams with good pitching but can't score.

Sharp

something ain't right... and its clippard
For whatever reason he hasn't been able to hit the black with the high fastball consistently, which means he loses all the swings and misses, easy popups and flyouts, and called strikes he got up there. Instead he's either missing badly up or throwing right down the middle, which makes him far less effective. But I don't really know if it's that he's genuinely lost something or he just had unrepeatable control last year.

McNei1y

But I don't really know if it's that he's genuinely lost something or he just had unrepeatable control last year.

I feel like its a rough patch or something mental. He doesn't seem to be throwing that high "rising" fastball.

We should've lost by way more but I wanted to sneak a win there. The Dodgers scare me.

Doytch

So, Camden Yards is pretty friggin nice. And while Natty Boh is an objectively terrible beer, its pretty damn good for a $2 tall boy outside the park pregame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom