• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangocube

Banned
So, Camden Yards is pretty friggin nice. And while Natty Boh is an objectively terrible beer, its pretty damn good for a $2 tall boy outside the park pregame.

Glad you checked it out. It's a beautiful, empty, stadium these days. At least you saw the O's win =)

jakncoke

Banned
Making plans to head to the Sat game in July vs. the Marlins. Fuck the Marlins, me and the other 6k Pirates fans at the game are going to make you want to go to Cuba

mYm|17|

TIMMONS.gif

Screw you ump, you were fuckin terrible yesterday

Gaborn

Apparently Delmon was also making anti-semitic remarks and is being charged with a hate crime:

Detroit Tigers outfielder Delmon Young faces a hate crime-related charge in connection with a dispute outside a hotel along New York’s 6th Avenue early this morning, a New York police spokesman told the Free Press.

“Basically, there was an incident at the hotel (and) some anti-Semitic remarks,” said Detective Joseph Cavitolo.

It was unclear what triggered the incident at the Hilton New York at about 2:30 a.m., though it began with a group of four men and a panhandler wearing a yarmulke.

“They have a discussion and the panhandler leaves,” Cavitolo said.

Words were then exchanged between Young and the men and a physical confrontation ensued, Cavitolo said. He declined to reveal what Young is accused of saying.

Young, 26, then followed one of the men into the hotel’s lobby continuing the dispute, Cavitolo said.

Called to the scene, police interviewed the victim and Young was sent to the hospital. It was unclear whether the victim was Jewish, Cavitolo said.

The detective said police interviewed witnesses and Young was still “being processed” at mid-morning.

Young faces an “aggravated harassment hate crime” charge and will be processed through central booking later today, Cavitolo said.

The charge is a misdemeanor.

The victim, described as a 32-year-old male, was “knocked to the ground and an arrest” was made outside the Hilton New York. He suffered an elbow injury and refused medical attention, Cavitolo said.

Intoxicated at the time of his arrest, Young had been taken to a local hospital after the incident, Cavitolo said.

Tigers spokesman Rick Thompson had no comment this morning, only saying “we’ll get back to you,” when asked about Young’s status. Young, a leftfielder, was acquired last year from the Minnesota Twins.

The Tigers traveled to New York last night after a 1-6 home stand. They open a three-day series tonight against the Yankees at 7:05. It's unclear whether Young will be available.

cashman

Banned
Joe maddon is pretty cool

• The Rays come into the series on what they are calling their "minimalist trip."

"It's just a three-day trip, and it's a great opportunity for us to practice our minimalist tendencies," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "I'm hoping everybody just brings their little carry-on luggage, one pair of jeans, three shirts, some socks. Those who wear underwear, bring underwear, and your toiletries.

"As we move forward into this century, I think minimalism is going to become a more popular concept. So we are just doing our best right now to promote that particular concept. We're starting with our trip to Texas."

Everyone else looking forward to St. Louis fans booing Braun while proudly employing Mark McGwire?
Mark never tried to slander an innocent man for his misdeeds and actually was hung in the media a bit, not to mention he admitted doing them + the whole HoF ballot thing.
In 2005, McGwire and Canseco were among 11 baseball players and executives subpoenaed to testify at a congressional hearing on steroids. During his testimony on March 17, 2005, McGwire declined to answer questions under oath when he appeared before the House Government Reform Committee.

On January 11, 2010, McGwire admitted to using steroids on and off for a decade and said, "I wish I had never touched steroids. It was foolish and it was a mistake. I truly apologize. Looking back, I wish I had never played during the steroid era." He admitted using them in the 1989/90 offseason and then after he was injured in 1993. He admitted using them on occasion throughout the '90s, including during the 1998 season. McGwire stated that he used steroids to recover from injuries.

However, in the 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 balloting for the Baseball Hall of Fame, McGwire failed to attain election receiving 128 of the 545 cast (23.5% of the vote) in 2007, 128 of 543 (23.6%) in 2008, 118 of 539 (21.9%) in 2009, 128 of 539 (23.7%) in 2010, 115 of 581 (19.8%) in 2011, and 112 of 573 (19.5%) in 2012.
Dude will never make the HoF now. Same for Sosa, though I'm not sure Sosa would've made it.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Haper era beginning tommorow...bummed about zim, hopefully this isnt to early for Bryce

Davey Johnson "Deal with it" gifs must be made in anticipation of Harper bombs or Harper struggles. Pushing 70 with nothing to lose.

Strasburg and Harper in the same lineup tomorrow!

Enron

Banned
No one in your fantasy league had Bryce Harper benched prior to your pick-up?

Most leagues are 10-12 team leagues and have anywhere from 22 to 25-man rosters. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room to stash guys in the minors.

That being said, I just added Bryce in all my deeper leagues, including the GAF rejects league. Suck it!

clav

Most leagues are 10-12 team leagues and have anywhere from 22 to 25-man rosters. That doesn't leave a whole lot of room to stash guys in the minors.

That being said, I just added Bryce in all my deeper leagues, including the GAF rejects league. Suck it!

Someone snatched him from the draft this year in my league, so I found it kind of surprising people are getting him now.

I only play in one league, so then again, I'm somewhat ignorant what occurs outside of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom