• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

TKZFQ.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind
Screw you, Cubs. Everyone else did their job but you. Your team is bad and you should feel bad!

Chris R

So quick question about what just happened in the LA/SF game. Was that not an Infield Fly Rule because the ball didn't go high enough? If not, what did I miss?

Jangocube

Banned
At least one good thing happened today for the O's

Orioles top pitching prospect and 19-year-old Dylan Bundy had another outstanding performance on Monday for Class A Delmarva. Making just his sixth professional start, Bundy did give up his first run. However, it was an unearned run and came on a swinging strikeout and a throwing error. Bundy allowed just one hit in the outing and struck out eight of the batters he faced over three innings.
(Updated 05/08/12)

Fantasy Analysis

Bundy reached his pitch limit on Monday which is the reason he didn't come out for a fourth inning. He's now allowed just one unearned run on two hits and two walks over his first 20 innings as a professional with 33 strikeouts and a perfect ERA. Bundy is among the top prospects in all of baseball despite being a 19-year-old in his first pro season. That said, the Orioles will take it slow with him and he won't sniff the majors at all this year. He has just long-term Fantasy value at this time.

cashman

Banned
Pretty awesome. Could you imagine how much more awesome he'd be if he could hit in October too?

That Home Run in Game 6....

... that should have been the moment right there. I think that's what hurts me the most about that game. Hamilton had his crowning moment to be shown over and over again on highlight reels, but they couldn't finish it out.

Feldman was put in after Oliver sucked like everyone except Washington knew he would.

I hate you for making me remember this.
According to Fangraphs, Feldman held LHBs to a .189 wOBA last year. Lefties had a .265 wOBA against Oliver. :lol

Descalso is garbage against LHB but Jay didn't have much of a platoon split last season.

Talon

A beautiful night for baseball at Wrigley. Plus, we won!

Belligerent Cubs fan in a Soriano jersey tried to pick a fight in our section and got kicked out. I don't blame him.

Pujols down to .190

When do the Angels start to get worried?

Better question; has Pujols average ever been this low at any point in his career (excluding, say, the first week or so of the season)? I am guessing no. I wish there was a website that had his avg. for every season sortable by any number of games into that season.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone watching the Cards/D-Backs game? The commentators for FSArizona are talking about some couple in the stands, pretty humorous.

Also, we will never get a shutout. Ever.

zulux21

Better question; has Pujols average ever been this low at any point in his career (excluding, say, the first week or so of the season)? I am guessing no. I wish there was a website that had his avg. for every season sortable by any number of games into that season.
believe it or not... mlb.com has that

jakncoke

Banned
PITTSBURGH (AP) Rod Barajas knows the Pittsburgh Pirates didn't pick up the veteran catcher in free agency to hit .131 with no homers and no RBI during the first month of the season.
Yet even as his woes mounted, manager Clint Hurdle stuck by Barajas, sending him to the batter's box with the tying run on third and two outs in the ninth against Washington on Tuesday night.
''I thought what the heck? He's hit a few homers before,'' Hurdle said.

... srs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom