• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

It's weird, I don't mind Detroit as a team, but I love watching Valverde implode.
even when I was rooting for Detroit after the white sox were eliminated last year I loved watching Valverde pitch. It was amazing to watch him repeatedly back himself into a horrible situation and repeatedly get out of it with the save... it seems he might not be as lucky this year though.
though it seems like he managed to get through it today.

Braun questionable for tonight's game vs Cin due to a re-aggravated Achilles.

My money is on Marcum going down next. This season is no fun. At least when I see them get swept in KC next month I'll get some good BBQ as a consolation.

You are the only person on the planet with this opinion.

hamiltonheadline.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ld-more-tact-writing-headlines-163946180.html

Jays talk:

Lind dropped to 8th in the lineup.
Cordero will not be closing for the Jays today. Jansen will close if the opportunity comes up.

cashman

Banned
1. as a player, seems like a douche off the field
2. Exonerated!
3. Has never murdered anyone in front of their kid

but he's humble! And I doubt the kid will end up hating him. He's actually done a real good job with handling all that as he still keeps in regular contact with the family.

Hamilton's still clearly a fragile (physically and emotionally) head case. On one hand he apparently keeps in touch with the family of the poor guy he inadvertently and indirectly caused the death of. On the other hand he blames his third base coach when he breaks his shoulder. On another hand he fell off the wagon, twice. On another other hand he completely owned up to it and didn't let it spiral out of control. On another, other, other hand he did so in a ridiculously self-flagellating press conference that managed to be contrite and narcissistic at the same time.

I don't hate him but he seems like he's exhausting to be around.

Oh, I was at the Yankee game for the first time this season last night. In between innings they played a bit on the jumbodiamondtron asking the players what their favorite subject was in school. So you know, the usual answers from everyone: math, history, english, I think Gardner was honest and said "phys ed".

Then A-Rod: "Civics."

Fucking A-Rod can't even answer a fluff question without sounding like an alien.

civics is very important and should be mandatory in grade school. he's still lying and also maybe an android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom