• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
Dusty is a retard, but the Brewers bench can still manage to one-up him

He was retarded for having Marshall in as closer in the first place. Ondrusek hasn't given up a run all year (or even spring training I believe) and should probably be promoted to closer.

1. as a player, seems like a douche off the field
2. Exonerated!
3. Has never murdered anyone in front of their kid

1. with that whole beast mode shit? please
2. we both know he threw fed-ex under the bus
3. I'm sure he's given plenty of people mutant, roided up STDs that will or are killing people right now.

Sanjuro

Guy was a scumbag the majority of his life but now he hits home runs so everyone is supposed to love him.

ok

Texas fans became kind of defensive when I yelled alchoholic commentary when he slid for a ball in front of me. STOP RUNNING HAMILTON.

Jon

CBS Boston said:
Carl Beane, the public address announcer at Fenway Park has died after a car crash in Sturbridge. Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early says the 59-year-old died in a one-car crash on Holland Road Wednesday afternoon.

Sorry Sanjuro. Don't know if you were a fan, but some PA guys are obviously legends. Dan Baker for the Phillies is awesome, and obviously Bob Sheppard. R.I.P.

tc farks

Another series victory for the Cubs. They might be .500 this season!

He continues to smite Eznark.

Some interesting tidbits about the Cubs.

4th in defensive efficiency (26th last year), 3rd in baserunning (29th last year), and 5th in starters' WAR/5th in FIP. And that doesn't include Maholm's 7 inning 0 run performance today.

Their bullpen is improving considerably too.

LaHair for president.

ETA: Cubs have won 9 of 15 including series wins over teams with three of the best four records in the NL.

Sanjuro

Sorry Sanjuro. Don't know if you were a fan, but some PA guys are obviously legends. Dan Baker for the Phillies is awesome, and obviously Bob Sheppard. R.I.P.

...are you serious? Damn. Beane was amazing, one of the only things the new ownership did that I enjoyed right from the get-go. They did their best to find someone to replicate the deep, booming voice that Sherm Feller had, who could never be replaced.

Kind of put a damper in my day, not going to lie.

sangreal

Was blacked out again tonight. Took some time on the phone, but mlb.com fixed their busted blackout system to recognize I'm in Montreal and not NY

I did, however, have to explain that the Yankees were not playing the "[Toronto] 'Blue Rays"

Doytch

Posting in the thread so I am not forgotten.

Gdamn MOrrow was kind of nuts, 10ks in 6. Really liking this team whenever I get a chance to seem them. And thankfully Lind was finally fuckin moved out of the 4 spot....

clemenx

Banned
Ohh I was just thinking looking at that boxscore how fitting it would be for the Yanks to blow it on the 9th after the pendid a good job.

So I come here and Andres Torres goes yard.

JESUS.

Welcome, acquaint yourself with past MLB season threads to learn of the colorful cast of characters here. I hope your stay is enjoyable.
Thank you! Also, that was fucking awesome just now.
sweep.gif

Ground ball by Polanco, fielded by Turner... he throws it to first, put it in the books!

The Mets sweep a 3-game series in Philly for the 1st time since 2007 (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom