• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas is the only AL team not from the AL East with a positive run differential. The 5th place NL East team has a better record than the 3rd place NL Central/West teams.

Beastern bias?

Fenix

Blue Jays HR Leaderboard update! Jose Bautista hit his 122nd home run as a Jay, putting him in to a tie with Jose Cruz Jr. for 9th all-time:

Code:
Player               Games        HR
Carlos Delgado       1423         336
Vernon Wells         1393         223
Joe Carter           1039         203
George Bell          1181         202
Jesse Barfield       1032         179
Lloyd Moseby         1392         149
Ernie Whitt          1218         131
Fred McGriff          578         125
Jose Cruz Jr.         698         122
Jose Bautista         482         122

Sanjuro

ibr0RkbHZx6Oh9.gif

RBH

Looks like I'll be going to one of the Braves/Rays games this weekend.

The Braves are apparently included in the same category as the Yankees and Red Sox for "Diamond" pricing for Rays' home games (sucks, but not entirely surprising).

Been to around 10-15 Rays games since '98 with family members in the Tampa area, but it should be especially fun with the Braves playing.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Looks like I'll be going to one of the Braves/Rays games this weekend.

The Braves are apparently included in the same category as the Yankees and Red Sox for "Diamond" pricing for Rays' home games (sucks, but not entirely surprising).

Been to around 10-15 Rays games since '98 with family members in the Tampa area, but it should be especially fun with the Braves playing.

Make sure you boo Durbin nice and hard.

I thank God he was OK. I have been in a similar situation too many times before and at the least he could tell someone how he was feeling before he collapsed. To suddenly lose the ability to stand/consciousness all of a sudden is one of the scariest things a person can go through.

Although I would've died laughing if he said his name was Busta.

sangreal

haha, I heard that yesterday. It really boiled down to "some people have said stuff about me on there"

(and why should I care about other people's opinion)

strong irony

verbum

Interesting article from Mark Bradly of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

Minor is hard on himself, and you can see why. Last month he worked 7 1/3 one-hit innings against Milwaukee, which can hit, and followed that with eight strong innings in Arizona. After three starts, his ERA was 3.10. The past four starts have been awful — 20 2/3 innings, 32 hits (plus 10 walks), 27 earned runs. He’s still striking out people (23 K’s in those 20 2/3 innings), which suggests his stuff isn’t the issue. “I’m just making too many non-competitive pitches,” Minor said Wednesday.

Clearly the Braves want Minor to succeed. You’ll recall that Jair Jurrjens was shipped to Gwinnett after four similarly bad starts. The difference: Jurrjens had been bad in spring training, too; Minor was actually quite good in Florida. Minor has at least given the Braves a reason to think he can get people out.

That said, this can’t go on forever. When Minor falls apart, he falls apart completely.

But what to do about Minor?

“Keep running him out there,” said Gonzalez, the manager, and there really aren’t many other options. Jurrjens just yielded 11 earned runs in 4 2/3 innings against the Class AAA Buffalo Bisons. Moving Kris Medlen from the bullpen wouldn’t do anything to sort out Minor and would mess up the bullpen to boot. Promoting Julio Teheran from Gwinnett would leave the big-league club without a left-handed starter, which isn’t what anybody has in mind.

The good thing is that the Braves aren’t in free-fall. They’ve lost one game in a row to fall a half-game out of first place. For all Minor’s struggles, they’ve worked around most of them, winning five of his eight starts. Over the long term, though, they need him to be a lot better. They need a lefty, and he’s the only one of those on the horizon. They need Mike Minor to be a major player.

RHP Vizcaino is gone for the season. LHP Mike Fish has left arm tendenitis. RHP Peter Moylan will not throw his first bullpen session until late May.

I have a feeling Durbin will be with the Braves a while longer and may see more innings as the season progresses. I wonder if Constanza can pitch?

Fatcessa does have a point about showing tweets during games. It fucking pisses me off when I'm trying to watch sports and this shit comes up, it's already unwatchable as it is with one and sometimes two tickers going.

I hear where you're coming from especially considering how Parnell has been our best arm from the pen, but Jesus... Can anyone else be trusted from the pen in a close game? 3 out of the last 6 games, we had a lead blown in the 8th or later, and we're now tied in the ML for blown saves. Move has to be made.
Pradestradamus.
Following tonight’s loss to the Reds, the Mets announced that D.J. Carrasco has been designated for assignment.

“Nobody ever wants that,” Carrasco told reporters. “It’s something that’s a bump in the road, and you can only hope to bounce back and help contribute to the team somewhere.”

According to WFUV’s Mack Rosenberg, the Mets will promote left-handed reliever Robert Carson, though no official move was announced by the team.

Carson was 0-1, with a 1.84 ERA over 12 appearances for Double-A Binghamton.
lulz

I'm freaking fuming at Selig right now brahs. Said there's no time table to finish negotiations with the Giants said A's could be on the move. I can't see another team go down like this. It just hurts so much....

Signed
Mayor of of The Municipal of Montreal Expos

verbum

Why does the NL East have to be so close?

Phillies have won 4 in a row, Marlins have won 2.
I hope the Braves can tame the Marlins tonight and push them down.
Maybe the Cubs can beat the Phillies tonight before the Red Sox face the Phillies in Philadelphia this weekend. We are at Tampa Bay.
The Washington stadium should be full of Orioles fans this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom