• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I know Minor has been unlucky. But he's also been shitty on top of that. He's no better now than the day he came to the bigs nearly 3 years ago. Zero development. The day they remove him from the rotation and replace him with Medlen or Julio I'll be doing cartwheels in the yard.

Has he actually had to though? Career: 3.58 SIERA, .353 BABIP. Just saying.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Brewers have to have someone better than Wolf in the minors. This is fucking garbage.

RBH

Tampa Bay is such shit. Fuck this shit.

PHP48C2E3EE56019.jpg

So... TC takes out Parnell after facing 1 batter, doesn't bring Byrdak in to face Joey Votto (saving him for Jay Bruce), and then when he does use him for Bruce he allows a sac fly that gives the Reds the lead but was almost a 3-run bomb.

Not a good sequence there, Top Cat.

So, with rave reviews having followed Papelbon thus far in his first National League season, was he anxious about meeting up with his former mates?

"It won't be weird. It might be a little weird for Pap, but it won't be weird for Cinco," Papelbon explained. "Cinco is like a Great White, when he smells blood he attacks."

Has he felt bad for some of the turmoil those Red Sox left behind from the chaos of 2011 have had to endure?

"Cinco don't feel bad," he said. "Cinco's [heart]less. He don't feel bad for people. Pap felt bad. I didn't feel bad for some of the players. It was more that I missed some of the guys.

Sounds like an Avengers promo to me.

just who is Cinco?

Prade

So... TC takes out Parnell after facing 1 batter, doesn't bring Byrdak in to face Joey Votto (saving him for Jay Bruce), and then when he does use him for Bruce he allows a sac fly that gives the Reds the lead but was almost a 3-run bomb.

Not a good sequence there, Top Cat.

I hear where you're coming from especially considering how Parnell has been our best arm from the pen, but Jesus... Can anyone else be trusted from the pen in a close game? 3 out of the last 6 games, we had a lead blown in the 8th or later, and we're now tied in the ML for blown saves. Move has to be made.

I hear where you're coming from especially considering how Parnell has been our best arm from the pen, but Jesus... Can anyone else but trusted from the pen in a close game? 3 out of the last 6 games, we had a lead blown in the 8th or later, and we're now tied in the ML for blown saves. Move has to be made.
He's trying to overthink it instead of just going bullpen-by-committee. Parnell just retired a guy and only threw 6-7 pitches; start him the next inning. IF he faltered you could've gone to Byrdak for Votto and then Rauch after that, but for some reason he was saving him for Jay Bruce. Remember, he couldn't bring in Ramirez (who does very well vs. lefties) because Ramirez was burned out yesterday after the Carrasco fiasco. So that begs the question: Why did he manage like he had a rested pen? I don't get that.

Sanjuro

1. Rays get a victory because of their unplayable urine stained shithole.

2. If you watch the Rhymes replay, 0% of that sound is coming from the bat.

3. Rodney shouldn't be allowed to pitch with his cap like that. He goes have a ton of gas though, still should be banned. Doesn't help he's an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom