• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

That entire area is getting redeveloped, throwing up a mall/shops. With the Wilpons troubles, the economy being in the shitter nothings really come of it, but I'm pretty sure that the Wilpons inked a deal with city recently to get started on a project.
They better not fuck with the asian community around there.

LJ11

The thought of that community going anywhere is mind boggling though, pretty far reach. I was on Bell Blvd grabbing some food and I was the only non-Asian in the area.

h3ro

The thought of that community going anywhere is mind boggling though, pretty far reach. I was on Bell Blvd grabbing some food and I was the only non-Asian in the area.

There are some fantastic sushi spots on Bell. That was my go to spot when I used to work near there in Queens.

Lawrie said he already apologized to Miller.

I'm sure they are best friends now.

funny-gifs-the-best-package1.gif

Fun fact: The Astros' 5'5'' 2B Jose Altuve (12) has more extra-base hits than Prince Fielder (11), Jose Bautista (11), Mike Napoli (11), Michael Young (10), and Albert Pujols (9) this season.

Parch

4 is fair. He didn't throw equipment at the ump, it just got him on the rebound.
Unlikely the appeal will change anything.
4 and an apology is good enough. Now the ump should apologize for being an embarassment to his profession.

Fenix

Apparently Jermaine Dye got suspended two games for bouncing his helmet and having it hit an umpire in 2009, so this is actually harsher!

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
For the record, Jurrjens is on the same throw schedule as Minor, in case the FO is thinking about doing anything.

Then again, Jurrjens has given up 8 runs so far in his AAA start today. Pitching depth.

CygnusXS

Minor is the Dan Johnson of pitchers.

Too good for Triple AAA - not good enough for the majors.

His 3+ K/BB rate would disagree. Give him time, he still has some maturing to do with his approach, and he's been horribly unlucky.

bjb

Banned
His 3+ K/BB rate would disagree. Give him time, he still has some maturing to do with his approach, and he's been horribly unlucky.

Well I'm not advocating giving up on him, but I'd at least send him down. I guess there's not really a better alternative.

Not sure what the status of Teheran is currently. I think Livan may provide more quality starts at this point.

Enron

Banned
Fuck Mike Minor. Complete bust, total fraud. It's too bad Wren didn't trade either him or Jurjenns when they both had trade value.

Ship his ass to AAA and give Medlen a chance.

CygnusXS

Fuck Mike Minor. Complete bust, total fraud. It's too bad Wren didn't trade either him or Jurjenns when they both had trade value.

Ship his ass to AAA and give Medlen a chance.

Hey, remember when Jurrjens was rocking that 1.31 ERA last year? Saw how sustainable that was? Yeah, this is the opposite of that.

Sanjuro

So, with rave reviews having followed Papelbon thus far in his first National League season, was he anxious about meeting up with his former mates?

"It won't be weird. It might be a little weird for Pap, but it won't be weird for Cinco," Papelbon explained. "Cinco is like a Great White, when he smells blood he attacks."

Has he felt bad for some of the turmoil those Red Sox left behind from the chaos of 2011 have had to endure?

"Cinco don't feel bad," he said. "Cinco's [heart]less. He don't feel bad for people. Pap felt bad. I didn't feel bad for some of the players. It was more that I missed some of the guys.

Sounds like an Avengers promo to me.

Enron

Banned
Hey, remember when Jurrjens was rocking that 1.31 ERA last year? Saw how sustainable that was? Yeah, this is the opposite of that.

I know Minor has been unlucky. But he's also been shitty on top of that. He's no better now than the day he came to the bigs nearly 3 years ago. Zero development. The day they remove him from the rotation and replace him with Medlen or Julio I'll be doing cartwheels in the yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom