• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubs

ibaPn.jpg

Bow down to the king.

Fenix

Oh god, I love it when Steve from Phenix City, Alabama calls in to the Jays Talk.

I swear it's someone doing an impression.

ajf009

Whats the deal with the Dbacks fan getting thrown out at the Rockies game today? At Wrigley you probably will get thrown out if you don't throw a opposing players HR back

Joe

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN

Alex Rodriguez's year-by-year OPS from 2007: 1.067, .965, .934, .847, .823, .796. For Yankees' fans: Do you see this as irreversible trend?

Carlbeego

Alex Rodriguez's year-by-year OPS from 2007: 1.067, .965, .934, .847, .823, .796. For Yankees' fans: Do you see this as irreversible trend?

I had to stop following a lot of these idiots on twitter man. Mike Francesa is correct.

RBH

Almost certain that she's saying "This is a long game" because it was taken from that 19-inning Braves/Pirates game last year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
dear god, he's such a fucking imbecile. I don't get this farm system, we don't develop pitchers granted, but we can't produce not ONE decent outfielder instead of dudebro McDouche bag? it's impossible to watch this team lately. they play old and without any feeling.

What? Getting Swisher for literally nothing was one of the best moves Cashman has ever made. Like much better than "decent outfielder". Granted he kinda sucks this season, but he's still been okay.

Malo

Banned

Still better than pooholes.

dear god, he's such a fucking imbecile. I don't get this farm system, we don't develop pitchers granted, but we can't produce not ONE decent outfielder instead of dudebro McDouche bag? it's impossible to watch this team lately. they play old and without any feeling.
We have two very good outfield prospects in Mason Williams and Tyler Austin, but both are in Low A.

What? Getting Swisher for literally nothing was one of the best moves Cashman has ever made. Like much better than "decent outfielder". Granted he kinda sucks this season, but he's still been okay.
That might have been his best trade ever. He got Swisher for fucking Wilson Betemit, thanks Kenny Williams!

I had to stop following a lot of these idiots on twitter man. Mike Francesa is correct.

what did he say that's so wrong. Alex is on his way down.

yeah, all true no doubt about it. I just have an irrational hatred of him now. *shrug*

Still better than pooholes.

We have two very good outfield prospects in Mason Williams and Tyler Austin, but both are in Low A.

That might have been his best trade ever. He got Swisher for fucking Wilson Betemit, thanks Kenny Williams!

so that's still a couple of years.

Yankee fans complaining about Swisher? Idiots, he's a fucking Godsend for your stinky organization and horrible front office. "I know!! Let's deal out our best prospects for some asshole unproven starter!!!"
KuGsj.gif

andycapps

Brandon Beachy is quickly becoming my favourite non-Chipper Brave.

Bourn too.

Agreed, though I'm not sure how attached we should get to Board. Dat Boras pay bump next year may be more than the Braves will spend. He is a huge, huge asset to the club and is worth quite a bit though. Chipper retiring will free up some salary. I wonder if Kawakami is still on the books at all, or Lowe. I think Lowe is.

Also, how the heck is Derek Lowe doing so well so far this year?

clemenx

Banned
Hey, baseball fans.

Why did Tejada lie about his name and age?

Thanks.

Because most of the players signed in Latin America sign at 16 years old. Stupid baseball scouts have decided that if you happen to be 17 or 18 you aren't worth shit. So if you entered baseball later or scouts simply missed you one year, you're fucked and aren't likely to be signed for more than $10k which isn't really worth all the minors journey, given that almost no one reaches the bigs. So, most of these prospects make most of their bank in the first bonus signing.

Obviously faking your identity is bad and a crime but I don't understand why a single year is such a big deal in the value of the players, specially if they have the talent.

tc farks

Score is saying Kerry wants to pitch today and retire tomorrow...

I remember when the Cubs had Wood and Prior at the top of their rotation. FU Dusty. The most imbecilic manager who ever existed. Who laughed in the face of pitcher abuse and helped destroy one of the best 1-5 rotations I've ever seen. Oh did that line drive hurt your elbow Mark? Better keep pitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom