• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile, Collins said it was clear from the dugout Mike Baxter was safe at second base on his ninth inning hit. However, when he asked second base umpire Brian Knight for help, he told Collins he would not be allowed assistance in that situation.
Wait, I missed this. Was it YoTU worthy?

clemenx

Banned
Wait, I missed this. Was it YoTU worthy?

582679506.jpg

Enron

Banned
Good day today. Rays takes care of the Barves but more importantly Chelsea wins the Champions League. Yes!

Get that soccer bullshit out of the baseball thread! This is a place for REAL sports!

Derek Holland is no better than he was 2 seasons ago. I think it's time we all accept he's never going to be a TORP. His ceiling is now as a #3 starter.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Berkman is such a nice guy. He just wants Carpenter to play a bit more and show off his stuff.

But I hope he's ok. I hope it's just a day to day injury.

Branduil

Get that soccer bullshit out of the baseball thread! This is a place for REAL sports!

Derek Holland is no better than he was 2 seasons ago. I think it's time we all accept he's never going to be a TORP. His ceiling is now as a #3 starter.

Sounds about right. A championship postseason rotation would have Darvish as the #2 starter, Colby #3, and Holland #4.

verbum

NL East Streaks:

Lost 1
Lost 3
Lost 2
Lost 1
Lost 1

Saturday was not a good day for them. NL West's turn today?
American League is chewing the NL up. 9-5 Friday and 9-5 Saturday.

Blue Jays have placed Adam Lind on outright waivers.

Would the Marlins want Lind? 5 million per for this year and next, then up to 7 by 2014. I don't know much about MLB salaries, but that seems a lot for a mid-career guy who's hitting around .200 and has only ever had one good year.

I guess AA wanted to see how well Gomes did, and since he looked ok, there was no reason to keep Lind around. :/

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Would the Marlins want Lind? 5 million per for this year and next, then up to 7 by 2014. I don't know much about MLB salaries, but that seems a lot for a mid-career guy who's hitting around .200 and has only ever had one good year.

I guess AA wanted to see how well Gomes did, and since he looked ok, there was no reason to keep Lind around. :/

Nobody in baseball is going to claim Lind. That is beyond moronic for a team to even consider. Dude is a legit scrub.

Fenix

Based on his performance now, the contract is not appealing for anyone, but it's not egregious, he'd just have to perform a little better than a replacement-level player to be worth the deal. But he hasn't played that well since 2009, so it's unlikely anyone wants to take on the contract.

By the way, the structure of the contract is: 3.5 remaining for this year, 5 for 2013 and then a likely 3.5 million dollar buyout of the 3 option years afterwards.

Fenix

Ah hahahaha Adam Lind.

You know its bad when a team drops you for a 40 million year old Vladimir Guerrero.
You (at least you-Texas, not you-Braves) should probably pick him up, career stats in Arlington: .312/.353/.710. 10 HR in 93 AB. Sounds better than Moreland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom