• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jangocube

Banned
So Chapman is the Red's closer now:

Aroldis Chapman will take over the Reds' closer job.
Manager Dusty Baker indicated Saturday that the move was close, and he's apparently decided to pull the trigger. Chapman will not be available to close Sunday after appearing in three of the Reds' previous four games, but he'll officially take over the ninth-inning gig starting Monday. We'd still prefer to see him get a chance to start, but this is the next best thing for fantasy purposes. The Reds don't like using him on back-to-back days, so there will be some games where he's unavailable. Chapman has yet to allow an earned run this season while boasting a ridiculous 38/7 K/BB ratio over 21 1/3 innings.

Incredibly stupid move.

Parch

One silver slugger for Lind but scrub sums it up. Maybe some decent numbers in Vegas might provide some trade bait for somebody desperate for a bat, but it'll probably involve some salary sharing. If the Jays can dump the Vernon Wells salary they should be able to dump the Lind contract.

clemenx

Banned
Anyone seeing the Rays feed? THey have a pretty cool "sabermetric sunday" going on. Talking about FIP and BABIP, showing OPS, not showing RBIs. Though it get's awkward as they treat the stuff as nuclear science.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Well done. You are a great American.
valentinepoint.gif

Arlington-Houston rivalry will be epic in the Al West. Even though I greatly prefer national league baseball I'm glad Texas has a natural rival now. I jjust hope next year I'm not blacked out of Stros' games.

carlos

He was right at 100 pitches and is a 36-year-old making just his 5th start since major back surgery. You have to be somewhat conservative with him early on.

meh, just one more batter...6-7 more pitches won't break his back
not to mention that not many of those 100 pitches were of the stressful variety

I swear Frank Francisco has lost any confidence he had on Opening Weekend. This is not the same dude who saved 3 games in 3 days at all. Plus he still isn't really mixing his pitches enough, he has a good curve and from what I heard a slider.

EDIT: Arencibia goes down! 2 OUTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom