• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

jbeUZv3sgxV7rp.jpg

New York Mets lineup
1) Andres Torres CF
2) Justin Turner 2B
3) David Wright 3B
4) Scott Hairston LF
5) Lucas Duda RF
6) Vinny Rottino 1B
7) Ronny Cedeno SS
8) Mike Nickeas C
9) Johan Santana LHP

Pittsburgh McCutchens lineup:
1) Jose Tabata LF
2) Josh Harrison RF
3) Andrew McCutchen CF
4) Pedro Alvarez 3B
5) Neil Walker 2B
6) Casey McGehee 1B
7) Clint Barmes SS
8) Michael McKenry C
9) Erik Bedard LHP

Great offensive lineup for Johan there, TC. I think this'll be the night Sanatana chokes a bitch, and by bitch I mean Jason Bay.
It's fake Twitter accounts like this and @CrankyVince that make me want to sign up for Twitter.

sangreal

I've come around to appreciate Ibanez' bat, but please stop putting this clown in the outfield. Is A-Rod really so washed up he can't play the field more than every other day? 2 runs on Ibanez already this game

Fenix

Jokiest home run ever. Blow up this stadium.

^ Ain't got no rules about when a CF settles under a ball (not even on the track!) then the ball hits something on the way down it becomes a home run.

Fenix

There are different types of astroturf, and I'd be surprised if the Jays turf isn't the older stuff.

Also in reality, the walkway thing is at least an infrequent occurrence. There are far "jokier" stadiums around regarding things that come up more frequently.
Tropicana: AstroTurf GameDay Grass (2011–present)
SkyDome: AstroTurf GameDay Grass 3D (2010–present)

Moar dimensions!

Tropicana: AstroTurf GameDay Grass (2011–present)
SkyDome: AstroTurf GameDay Grass 3D (2010–present)

Moar dimensions!
Then they must cut it really thin/the "grass-like" projections are really low. I don't get how it provides no cushioning and how every ball looked like it was skipping on ice.

Fenix

Then they must cut it really thin/the "grass-like" projections are really low. I don't get how it provides no cushioning and how every ball looked like it was skipping on ice.
Maybe what's under it? I dunno. Ball looks like it moves exactly the same at both stadiums in my eyes. Natural grass would obviously be a welcome improvement.

Maybe if you cared about that many teams you wouldn't have been such a failure as commish.
I didn't fail at being a commish. Sony failed at making good league controls.

Obviously things were going well since no one bothered messaging me about any issues with me (besides the obvious league borking and about certain guys), including you. You fairweather as Hell, yo.
Maybe what's under it? I dunno. Ball looks like it moves exactly the same at both stadiums in my eyes. Natural grass would obviously be a welcome improvement.
Temps looked good in Toronto, why not convert? I'd love to see grass there, the stadium is sweet.

Fenix

I didn't fail at being a commish. Sony failed at making good league controls.

Obviously things were going well since no one bothered messaging me about any issues, including you. You fairweather as Hell, yo.

Temps looked good in Toronto, why not convert? I'd love to see grass there, the stadium is sweet.
We could have a natural grass infield, but the stadium wasn't designed that way. There is not drainage built in at all and it remains a multipurpose stadium (concerts, truck rallies, CFL/NFL football), so the club would have to give up multiple sources of revenues to put in grass, and build in drainage. After this season, the CFL's Argos lease is up, so they could do it if they wanted to, I doubt it though.

Edit: Ball hit a wire holding up the catwalk, even further away from the wall, double joke!

Behold, clemenx and Dmncnby2k9...

Runs...

Multiple runs!

A thing that Johan Santana has been denied for far too long!

GOOD EVENING, MY FELLOW MLB-GAFFERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom