• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
clip0006.gif.opt.gif

eznark

Banned
Because some ugly dude with a wig and leather coat lets his boyfriend throw it in a shopping cart? Please, that was a negative for mustard.

i'm sorry, but am I to believe that you mustardists think your condiment tastes good? I like to taste meat and hot dogs/sausages not bitter tree bark cream. there, I said it. hot dogs should be plain or ketchup. or better yet, with cheese.

Talon

Mustard is delicious. Nice tart bite. Don't overdo it, and it enhances the experience.

You smother shit with ketchup and all you taste is ketchup.

Mustard is delicious. Nice tart bite. Don't overdo it, and it enhances the experience.

You smother shit with ketchup and all you taste is ketchup.

I always get mustard, relish, and onions on my hot dogs. Tastes so good.

Onions, relish or kraut are the only foodstuffs that are allowed to lay with my dogs.

terrorists, flavor terrorist. may as well eat mustard and onions then. and nobody smothers hot dogs with ketchup. it's one thin line and that's it. just one application.

Rumors going around that Lance Berkman may announce his retirement this week, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. MRI results expected to reveal a torn ACL, which would knock him out for the season.

WTF is with all these ACL tears?!?

Buster Olney today said that Nats are thinking about Shutting Strasburg down for several weeks or even a month. He has 53 innings in 9 starts, that is less then 6ip per start. I cant believe how much they are babying him.

Buster Olney today said that Nats are thinking about Shutting Strasburg down for several weeks or even a month. He has 53 innings in 9 starts, that is less then 6ip per start. I cant believe how much they are babying him.

Damn, thought arm tightness wasnt too serious. MLB has been babying these young guys. Im in the Nolan Ryan camp, let these guys pitch!

Sharp

Buster Olney is wildly speculating from the general area of his own ass. Nobody in the Nats organization has said that they are going to skip even one start because of this. The innings per start though, yeah that's on them. Part of it is that the Nats can never fucking score though, but based on how things have been going they might as well leave him in to hit.

Buster Olney is wildly speculating from the general area of his own ass. Nobody in the Nats organization has said that they are going to skip even one start because of this.

I hope you are right. I have Strastburg on my fantasy team and I am sinking like a rock.

Sanjuro

We should settle all wars with animated gifs ...

.. or dance.

Nah, the war was already won. The little kids in here like a thick sugary coating on their food. They just never want to grow up. Same kids probably buy a 3DS and cry when their parents don't get them games for it.

So apparently the Phillies are using Gestapo tactics to prevent anyone from getting updates on Ryan Howard's rehab

and and excerpt from the companion piece:
After placing my belongings in the press box, I headed back to watch the workout. It appeared as if Howard was about to begin doing some work in the field. I can't tell you for sure because Doug Mansolino, the team's minor-league infield coordinator, was not going to stand for a reporter watching him work with Howard.

Long story short, Mansolino made sure I was removed from the ballpark a second time. When I paused to continue a phone conversation with Casterioto, Mansolino gave me his best big-league stare-down.

I hope for the Phillies' sake he's better at working with infielders. It's obvious he takes himself way too seriously.

"Dude, relax, I'm leaving," I told him.

"It's Doug, not Dude," he bristled.

Talon

terrorists, flavor terrorist. may as well eat mustard and onions then. and nobody smothers hot dogs with ketchup. it's one thin line and that's it. just one application.
Ketchup makes everything taste like cloyingly sweet tomato paste.

It is terrible, and you should feel terrible.

eznark

Banned
ha, that's be like hating the sun rise. I buy the game to play with friends, not for the league. The couple weeks where the league survives is just a bonus!

Meier

Pretty happy for Scott Van Slyke (and Andy by proxy). Dude just toiled away in the MiLB for years and years and is getting a bit of a chance and doing things. A game winner for your first HR must feel pretty special.

TheNatural

My Member!
Berkman out with tore ACL. The NL Central is becoming a battle of attrition. I don't think Beltran will keep his hot streak up to keep STL afloat. .500 division champ here we come.

eznark

Banned
Berkman out with tore ACL. The NL Central is becoming a battle of attrition. I don't think Beltran will keep his hot streak up to keep STL afloat. .500 division champ here we come.

Pretty much. I wish the Cardinals had stayed hot so that the Brewers would move Greinke and Marcum but as it is, there is no reason to. The Brewers are basically a week away from contention, which is gross because they are terrible.

TheNatural

My Member!
Pirates will rrise from 18 years of ashes to take the crown.

It's possible with the combo of defections, injuries, and Dusty Baker.

I expect Johnny Cueto to be moved from starter to 9th inning third out closer to kill two birds with one stone in the using our best pitchers less strategy.

That's how many ACL injuries so far this year?

Rumors are, he could be calling it quits. Shame if true but at least he got his ring last year. Probably one of the best baseball players ever when it came to media interviews.

Matt Adams will lead us to the promised land!

They called him up to ask how they could authenticate the jersey, and Mike was barely letting him talk and basically calling the whole auction a fraud and the guy got pissed and hung up. It was pretty funny.
So basically Mike was being his normal shitstain self and the caller had enough. Good for him.

aumCO.gif

Mike trying to make a story that the auction is BS and trying to discredit the authenticator. I love this.

EDIT: AND MIKE HUNG UP ON HIM TOO! OH MY GOD!!!

aumCO.gif

Mike trying to make a story that the auction is BS and trying to discredit the authenticator. I love this.

EDIT: AND MIKE HUNG UP ON HIM TOO! OH MY GOD!!!

He didn't hang up on him. And you're dumb. Someone spent $4 million on a jersey and there's no way to authenticate it and you don't think that's pretty dumb?

Nah, the war was already won. The little kids in here like a thick sugary coating on their food. They just never want to grow up. Same kids probably buy a 3DS and cry when their parents don't get them games for it.

I'm sorry the sight of ketchup reminds you of some terrible ballpark tragedy that befell you, but what you're describing is not ketchup. and I don't own consoles of any kind anymore so there.

Ketchup makes everything taste like cloyingly sweet tomato paste.

It is terrible, and you should feel terrible.

I'm awesome and I feel awesome.

He didn't hang up on him. And you're dumb. Someone spent $4 million on a jersey and there's no way to authenticate it and you don't think that's pretty dumb?
Yes, Mike did at the end. And a guy using microscopic fiber analysis? Unless you're getting DNA, that's pretty good for me.
Mike hung up on the guy or he got hung up on? damn work!!
To clarify, at the end it started getting a bit contentious. MIke was like "ok, goodbye" and hung up in the span of a second, then proceeded to shred the authenticator and the process.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Chipper's still on the bench today. Not exactly shocking.

And Drew Sutton, just the other day traded to the Pirates for cash, has been sent to Tampa for a PTBNL. Sutton's been passed around more than the cocaine straws in the Rangers clubhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom