• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
You can't block third base like it's home plate. Well, you can, but the same rules that apply to collisions at the plate apply at third base as well.

He isn't blocking anything, he's trying to make a tag out of position and the guy purposefully barrel rolls into his knees. It's fucking filthy and that third basement should have cleated the shit out of him.

newjeruse

He got caught in between slides. I doubt there was any intent. And if there was, who the fuck really cares. Big 10 sports mean nothing.

He isn't blocking anything, he's trying to make a tag out of position and the guy purposefully barrel rolls into his knees. It's fucking filthy and that third basement should have cleated the shit out of him.

Definitely didn't get his knees. Thigh/hip area. Whether it was intentional or not, he was blocking. Not only was he blocking, he was going it with his knee perpendicular to the direction the runner was traveling. I think that was the shortstop covering third, which explains why he was in a completely horrible position to not cause a train wreck. Contact was inevitable there and the runner got caught between "should I slide or should I barrel through?" He chose both.

EDIT: The fact that the runner wasn't ejected tells you all you need to know. Sometimes contact happens and it's nobody's fault.

Branduil

EDIT: The fact that the runner wasn't ejected tells you all you need to know.

i0Zj8Yl53jgiv.gif

eznark

Banned
Man, Schmidt is hot garbage. Guy is killing the DBacks behind the plate already.

lol, thanks for pulling the infield in. Though I'm guessing since he won manager of the year endresults thinks Gibson is infallible.

Madtown_

EDIT: The fact that the runner wasn't ejected tells you all you need to know. Sometimes contact happens and it's nobody's fault.

no, no.

Thanks for the second link eznark.

On another note, the brewers look like they might tie their longest streak of the year tonight!

lololol

Officials are infallible. Been awhile since I've heard that argument.

C'mon, no need to bust out the lololol's. I'm just saying that it's a bang-bang play and the shortstop, for whatever reason, moved into the baseline at the last moment. You make it sound like the runner was trying to break up a double play by sliding into the shortstop's knees while 10 feet away from the bag. You don't need to be an official to spot obvious maliciousness.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Seems like the Astros always play well in Dodger stadium no matter how bad they are or how good the Dodgers are. It's a good game most of the time.

Astros are a respectable team this year. I remember when everybody laughed at the rankings that had them in the middle of the pack at the beginning of the year.

Jed Lowrie - Jose Altuve has been the best middle infield in all of baseball this year and their SP is pretty decent. They won't lose 100 games this year, so they got that going for them.

JABEE

Halladay pulled after two innings. The first inning after giving up a grand slam and the 2nd was a 1-2-3 inning. Halladay has been weird this year. Maybe it's the heat.

Good win for the Mets, clean 1-2-3 save for Frank Franc. 26 consecutive scoreless innings by Mets pitchers, and now 6 games over .500; best record so far this season.

Prade

Holy christ. Does anyone have a tougher schedule than the Mets in June? Btw I'll be going to the Mets Cards game on Friday. Would anyone with a little experience tell me which is better?

The Keith Burger or a Shake Shack one?

Holy christ. Does anyone have a tougher schedule than the Mets in June? Btw I'll be going to the Mets Cards game on Friday. Would anyone with a little experience tell me which is better?

The Keith Burger or a Shake Shack one?
Shake Shack, get a milk shake too. So good! Damn line though is huge. Goin tom. to watch them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom