• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madtown_

So, what's the deal with Henderson Alvarez, jays fans? He looks like he has good stuff (Gameday only, haven't seen him pitch) but barely can strike out 3 per 9 innings. What's up with that?

UwoX0.jpg

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Why is he on the field though? I find hard to believe Luke Scott could be worse than him.

We've got Jennings injured and his batting in his last series must have given him a bit of priority over Joyce. Probably going to be a few mix and matches over the next few games.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why is he on the field though? I find hard to believe Luke Scott could be worse than him.

They haven't played Luke Scott in the OF at all this year. Matsui was playing LF during his minor league stint, the more comfortable option for now since Jennings should be back early next week anyway.

I think the craziest thing about the Matsui signing is the fact they are hoping that he hits lefties (which he's been fine at in his career). He's the only left handed hitter on a team loaded with them who doesn't have a crazy platoon split. Pena, Scott, Joyce and the switch hitting Zobrist all have significant splits.

But can't doubt Friedman. So far the signing has worked out pretty well. Should be interesting to see how Maddon makes the pieces fit once the injured guys start coming back.

Redux

Banned
Okay Albert Belle, we get you're the most feared hitter of all time. Leave now so I can enjoy the commentary.

Gran Slam! "ya know" KIPNIS.

David Wright told the Mets today that he will not talk contract during the season. The Mets were supposedly going to offer him an extension mid-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom