• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Dempster is one of the best pitchers in baseball right now. How do you figure he wouldn't make an impact? That's asinine.

One of the best pitchers in baseball...playing for the Cubs. I don't dislike the guy, there just aren't many signs showing me he could come to the AL East and continue his performance on that level.

Talon

White Sox games are unwatchable. He's on his own level in terms of homer status.
The way he tries to create white trash catch phrases is so obnoxious. At least he shuts the hell up when the White Sox are down more than 3 runs.

I wish Skip would come back from the grave and just strangle him.

eznark

Banned
One of the best pitchers in baseball...playing for the Cubs. I don't dislike the guy, there just aren't many signs showing me he could come to the AL East and continue his performance on that level.

That makes his performance that much more impressive. Have you watched any baseball this year?

McNei1y

I had a dream last night that the Tigers were playing softball against some college girls team. Prince Fielder got hit and decided to charge the mound. He went for a tackle but tripped and landed on his face. It was funny.

Fuck the Hawk. He's a self-aggrandizing moron.

i fucking hate him too brah I fucking hate him like the Pens announcers but I don't want mindless senior citizens commentating that could be put out to the pasture at any moment. Thhis is what Stern does when commentators criticize or officiating or insinuate how corrupt and fix that shitty league is. And instead of talking to announcers, this fucking used car salesman needs to get off his ass in Miller park and get the fucking Giants from blocking the A's move to San Jose. I can't watch another team die like that... it just hurts too much.....

Brewers fan brah here you go http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/7995172/bud-selig-jerry-reinsdorf-talk-hawk-harrelson-rant

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Heh, Youkilis was one of the first trades that happened in my current Power Pros 08 game.

JUqnIl.png

Redux

Banned
I really want to believe the Indians are a playoff team. But with injuries/struggling 4-6 -lineup hitters, inconsistent pitching from our big guys.. doesn't look like the wild card will happen. June is a difficult month.

Braves lineup. It's Simmons time.

1. Bourn - CF
2. Prado - 3B
3. McCann - C
4. Uggla - 2B
5. Freeman - 1B
6. Heyward - RF
7. Simmons - SS
8. Minor - P
9. Constanza - LF

Come on Rays, get Garza back! His no hitter was one of the best games I've ever attended.

Last thing Rays need is another starter. Plus:

Yankees Eyeing Matt Garza
By Ben Nicholson-Smith [June 1 at 2:22pm CST]
Matt Garza interests the Yankees more than other potentially available starters, so GM Brian Cashman could pursue the right-hander this summer, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports. The Red Sox could also pursue Garza, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com notes (on Twitter).

The Yankees appear to have little interest in Brewers right-handers Zack Greinke and Shaun Marcum, Heyman writes. The team has concerns about how Greinke would pitch in New York and members of the New York front office aren’t sure about Marcum as an American Leaguer.

The Yankees also have concerns about Ryan Dempster’s ability to transition to the American League. While the Brewers have a buyer’s mindset, the Cubs appear willing to listen on most of their players. Wandy Rodriguez of the Astros could be another option for the Yankees, Heyman notes.

eznark

Banned
My sisters got me to try that cinnamon thing when we were all in AZ for spring training. I had no idea it was some video meme thing. I did it without a problem so I didn't really understand why they were so disappointed.

Cool thanks man, I have At bat lite but if its worth the 15 ill get the premium.

Awesome, I always wanted to listen to another podcast after I stopped listening to video game podcasts ( I don't care about new vidya games just old ones). Sounds like something awesome to listen to everyday. Is it on Itunes? Or ESPN's site?

Probably on ESPN, but definitely in the iTunes store.

Sanjuro

Jose Iglesias to the DL.

Mark Prior arriving in AAA working out of the pen.

I should go to a PawSox game this year. It's been forever.

So wait. Hawk gets yelled at for calling out some dumbass umpire and speaking the truth? What other fucking league would literally have the commissioner talk to an owner and an announcer to yell at him?

Maybe if your umpires weren't so fucking incompetent and didn't try to control the games, we wouldn't have this issue. How tight-assed as a league can you possibly get? Fuck you, and fuck your pathetic excuse for a league, Selig.

So wait. Hawk gets yelled at for calling out some dumbass umpire and speaking the truth? What other fucking league would literally have the commissioner talk to an owner and an announcer to yell at him?

Maybe if your umpires weren't so fucking incompetent and didn't try to control the games, we wouldn't have this issue. How tight-assed as a league can you possibly get? Fuck you, and fuck your pathetic excuse for a league, Selig.

AXWDd.jpg

gosox333

Guys, tell me you were on 4chan last night in that Hawk thread on /sp/. It was a 100 post thread dedicated to hating on Hawk, and then I come back and see this. It can't be a coincidence.

I love him. If regional broadcasts didn't have homers, that'd be boring as fuck. Save the objectivity for national broadcasts.

Also I kinda have to love him

Wait, you guys actually like Hawk?

No. I hate Hawk, but this is a joke. The league shouldn't be telling announcers what to do, especially when it's one of the rare times he's in the right. The umpiring in this league is a joke. I'm glad he called him on it.

And regardless of how annoying he is, he knows a lot about the game. So does Steve.

Sanjuro

No. I hate Hawk, but this is a joke. The league shouldn't be telling announcers what to do, especially when it's one of the rare times he's in the right. The umpiring in this league is a joke. I'm glad he called him on it.

And regardless of how annoying he is, he knows a lot about the game. So does Steve.

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think Selig should be bothering with it, he is certainly within his right. Commentators have been scolded for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom