• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

New Mets jerseys are gorgeous. Glad to see them wearing the cream colored pinstriped jerseys as their primary home unis.

Not a fan of the navy Braves alts though. Boring.

Lol, after the recent draft changes, you can't even pretend to complain Melvin is the only one complaining.

Most teams would go to an extra arm, I would assume. Bullpen arms have been increasing at a significantly faster clip than DH contracts, which are generally stagnant over the last five years.
Funny how he was complaining about roster sizes and AAAA/fringe players like Adron effing Chambers before the newest draft changes then, huh?

Perhaps it's due to following the Cardinals mainly, but why aren't more teams going with a relatively cheap bullpen full of young guys? Surely, teams around the league have a bunch of failed starting pitchers in their system to convert into relievers? Unless you're the Yankees/Red Sox/Phillies, paying a premium for relievers doesn't make much sense. Saving $$$ for less fungible positions should be the goal for teams limited by a budget.

RBH

FUCK YOU MIKE FRANCESA

FUCK YOU

mikefrancesa2008.jpg

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i assume that pitch tommy is throwing is his new 2 seamer, 89mph is slow for his normal fastball.

clemenx

Banned
I fucking need MLB TV need to slash debt on my credit card, can't believe I'm missing Santanna :(

Stuck with watching Sox - Tigres and Phillies - Pirates.

LJ11

i assume that pitch tommy is throwing is his new 2 seamer, 89mph is slow for his normal fastball.

Whatever it is it looks like shit. He's left a few fastballs over the middle already, Wright and Duda should've crushed it.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Whatever it is it looks like shit. He's left a few fastballs over the middle already, Wright and Duda should've crushed it.
yep. people haven't seen it before so i guess he has gotten away with it.

andycapps

Supposedly his new one is around 86 MPH and has tons of movement. He's put more focus on placement and movement in the offseason, from what they say.

andycapps

For real. I didn't plan this well, I thought I'd listen to the game online but I just remembered an hour ago that MLB blocks that unless it's on an actual radio. :(

Mostly, it took me forever, but I found one that had it on Tune In. The bigger stations are always blocked. You have to find one that's in a podunk town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom