• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweeping.gif
sweeping.gif
sweeping.gif

You mad, AL?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Giants first baseman Aubrey Huff bruised his right knee trying to jump over the dugout railing and join the postgame celebration of Matt Cain's perfect game.

San Francisco manager Bruce Bochy said Huff underwent an MRI early Thursday and the team is awaiting the results.

Cain threw the first perfect game in Giants history in a 10-0 win over the Houston Astros on Wednesday night - the second perfect game and fifth no-hitter in the majors this season.

Huff, a top candidate for designated hitter when the Giants visit Seattle for an interleague series this weekend, landed on his knee as he jumped over the railing and had to be helped off the field.

Huff is hitting only .120 in 19 games since being activated from the disabled list.

Brandon Belt future.

THE AX MAN BLOWETH (again!) Pretty crushing loss and wasted start from great outing of Marcum.

Ax has lost his control dramatically over past couple of weeks. Still has great velocity on FB, but certainty can't locate it like he used to. Seems he lost confidence in throwing his curve as he has been throwing less and less of it. I'd say if he blows another one in the next few days, he has to be taken out and put somewhere else, at least temporarily. Don't think they keep trotting him out there to take those kind of losses.

Macattk15

Swept by the worst team in baseball at home.

The Mariners motto this year should be "Another year, another embarrassment."

Well I guess that should be every year after 2001 really.

Talon

Went to Camden Yards for the first time yesterday. That's a cool little park. It feels smaller than most parks I've visited, but I think that's a result of Eutaw Street cutting through. Surprisingly great food selection as well.

Also, the crowd was a lot rowdier than expected. Old guy caught a homer from Pittsburgh, and the whole outfield was jeering him for not throwing the ball back. Guy in the front row looked furious.

Guys started a "Pittsburgh sucks" chant. Then a Pirates fan stands up and goes "SIX RINGS, SIX RINGS. HOW MANY YOU GOT? THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT." and started flailing his crotch around. I love that sports turns us back into immature middle school boys.

Anyways, glad I visited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom