• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did Dickey actually throw a no-hitter or is this another Santana situation?

Wright tried to bare hand a grounder by Upton in the first inning, was ruled a hit. Only runner to reach base in game. Mets are appealing the hit, saying it should be an error.

Look what Wright said about play:
"I tried to make the play. I didn't make it," Wright said. "It's as simple as that. I don't think I could have got him with the glove. I tried to barehand it. It hit the lip and skipped on me. I didn't make the play. If they want to go back and give me an error, they can do that. I guess there's a handful of guys on that team you would have to barehand it and rush it. I wish it would have been somebody a little bit slower, where I could have taken my time and gloved it."

Wright dryly added: "It's the first inning. Had I known that it was going to be a one-hitter, I would have tried a little harder or something." if we only knew David.

CINCINNATI -- An inside pitch to Indians starter Derek Lowe -- and comments he made afterward -- have Reds manager Dusty Baker riled up.

Cincinnati starter Mat Latos threw an inside fastball to Lowe during the Reds' 5-3 win on Wednesday night. Lowe then hit Brandon Phillips, and both benches were warned.

After the game, Lowe suggested the inside pitch was a payback for an unspecified issue between him and Baker from a few years ago, and said he didn't respect the manager.

Before the game on Thursday, Baker responded by saying the inside pitch was retaliation for Lowe hitting Joey Votto in 2009 while he was with the Braves. And Baker said Lowe may not remember what happened years ago because "there was probably a good chance he was drinking at the ballpark" then.

:lol

CAPTAIN KIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKK

captainkirkmets.png

1-0 Mets on the leadoff bomb!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
awesome lol

i looked it up and it was in this game: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/y2010/index.jsp?gid=2009_04_25_atlmlb_cinmlb_1&mode=wrap No video of it on mlb.com's highlight page though http://mlb.mlb.com/search/media.jsp?game_pk=244441

but it was in the first at bat and the previous game this happened: http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=4280353&c_id=mlb

Escobar was hit again in the lowe game too but it wasn't till the 4th inning. There was also an ejection apparently too in the 3rd. Jerry Hairston and Baker.

here is the recap for the game

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=4295051&c_id=mlb

Holy crap Keith Hernandez defending the plight of the rays that are in the tank in Tropicana Field, saying they should be free. Is this not a great man and a great humanitarian?

That RBI by Elliot Johnson hurts. 2 out first-ball fastball, I'm surprised Johan hasn't thrown alot of sliders and changeups with this young team. 3-2 Rays now.

Kirk better redeem himself with a basehit here.

I can't believe after 12714896174619 different stances Ike Davis returned to his original stance coming up with the Mets and is hitting the ball with authority again.

And the biggest thing is he's getting walks and having long ABs again. Remember when Ike was a pretty tough K his rookie year?

I can't believe after 12714896174619 different stances Ike Davis returned to his original stance coming up with the Mets and is hitting the ball with authority again.

And the biggest thing is he's getting walks and having long ABs again. Remember when Ike was a pretty tough K his rookie year?

Of course. Remember that year being David's highest K for a season.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
After the game Cain had last night, he needs to add what he did before the game to his regular pre-game warmup routine:

cain-golf_large.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom