• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squall211

I really hope the Mets can get a few more across the plate today. This just seems to be one of those days where every inning SOMEONE is going to score runs.

RBH

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS THE METS HAVE BROKEN JEREMY HELLICKSON IN HALF!

STOP THE GAME!

SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN GAME!
NoddingNoTexan.gif

QUIT GOING TO HOOTERS, CHIPPER. GODDAMN.

Chipper Jones and his wife Sharon have separated, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

This would be a second divorce for Jones, who went through a very public split with his first wife Karin, beginning in 1998, after he had admitted to an extramarital affair and having a son out of wedlock. Jones, 40, has four sons, and it appears his intent is to handle this situation privately.

When asked about it Thursday, Jones declined comment. Attempts to reach Sharon Jones for comment were unsuccessful.

The couple has been married for 12 years and have three sons Trey, 11, Shea, 7, and Tristan, 6. Jones also has a fourth son Matthew, 14.

Gary: "What do you attest to all these no-hitters being thrown?"
Keith: "I see a lot of lousy hitters, a lot of stinky hitters.."

HOLY SHIT KEITH WHY ARE YOU GOING IN LIKE THAT?

Link

The Autumn Wind
Here comes the classic Santana meltdown inning after the Mets give him a nice lead.

EDIT - And now the bullpen comes in to blow it.

What steroids did Rauch get a hold on? I've never seen him throw this authoritative before, and that includes the 1st month when he was pitching well.

Fox318

Where is the best place to buy tickets?

I'm thinking of surprising the GF to 2 games in August.

1 Mets game(her) and 1 Yankees game(Me)

I scored awesome StubHub tickets in Left Field around the Great Wall of Flushing 2-3 years ago, 50+ dollar tickets for 25 apiece.

Mets.com has these Power Pack tickets for 20 bucks in Left Field Landing and you get fries, burger, and medium drink. The problem from buying tickets from their site is all the damn fees they charge.

Prade

Mets.com has these Power Pack tickets for 20 bucks in Left Field Landing and you get fries, burger, and medium drink. The problem from buying tickets from their site is all the damn fees they charge.

I actually got those for the No hitter. Not bad at all! The crowd that sat at the place were really into it and knew their Metsies, would totally do power tickets again.

2 tickets for 60 bucks.

Hmmmm maybe I should also check out a Mets game.

Seriously, Mets-GAF needs to schedule a meetup for a Mets game. We can go buck wild as I regale you with tales of legendary meltdowns going back to 1997. Hell, anyone who lives in NY can go.

Prade

Hmmmm maybe I should also check out a Mets game.

Seriously, Mets-GAF needs to schedule a meetup for a Mets game. We can go buck wild as I regale you with tales of legendary meltdowns going back to 1997. Hell, anyone who lives in NY can go.

Soundssssss gud. Maybe we can see our own meltdown with the way this bullpen is....

Quintanilla should've thrown to 1st instead of the attempted forceout at 2nd.

Francisco needs to throw a curve here, they're not biting on the split and Diaz isn't calling it a strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom