• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Jason Bay on 7-Day Concussion DL...

i-ain-t-even-mad-pl-ffffff

You go Hairston.

Jason Bay has to be the worst acquisition in Mets history or close to it. Mo Vaughn says hello though.
Everyone unilaterally agrees the signing was good at the time though, that's the funny part. This wasn't a Oliver Perez signing here, the guy was a stud in Pittsburgh and in Boston.
Tim Teufel(our third base coach) has just been terrible this year if you ask me. How Hairston wasn't sent with our weakest hitters coming up has to be the dumbest play of the week so far. Don't even get me started on the call for bunting...
You don't make the 1st out at home, that that would've crippled the inning. Quuintanilla didn't do a good job and Niese outright failed. Niese isn't good enough at making contact for him to swing.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Everyone unilaterally agrees the signing was good at the time though, that's the funny part. This wasn't a Oliver Perez signing here, the guy was a stud in Pittsburgh and in Boston.
i think even the Red Sox were trying to resign him.

You don't make the 1st out at home, that that would've crippled the inning. Quuintanilla didn't do a good job and Niese outright failed.

Good players who sign with The Mets usually end up being a shell of their former selves.

Prade

You don't make the 1st out at home, that that would've crippled the inning. Quuintanilla didn't do a good job and Niese outright failed. Niese isn't good enough at making contact for him to swing.

Agreed, but on that ball and the zero assist Ludwick has so far this year, you've got to take a shot.

You couldn't do that in the 1st Duda?

oh well 1st and 2nd, 1 out and Bailey's pitch count rising.

EDIT: Goddamit Ike is starting to be snakebit now. Good contract the other way though.

Enron

Banned
i just read jeff schultz's tweets. It sounds like Beachy is most definitely done for the year. Elbow, all of a sudden pitches lost control, and comes out of the game with a very worried look. He must have felt the pop.

The season is over, I'm afraid. Unless one of the kids steps up BIG time. Fucking shit this goddamned fucking sucks.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
i just read jeff schultz's tweets. It sounds like Beachy is most definitely done for the year. Elbow, all of a sudden pitches lost control, and comes out of the game with a very worried look. He must have felt the pop.

The season is over, I'm afraid. Unless one of the kids steps up BIG time. Fucking shit this goddamned fucking sucks.
Personally, I hope Delgado has fun pitching for the Cubs.

Niese really doesn't have good command of the curve at all, he's leaving it up too much. Cutter has been ok, but Reds have hit a few good ones for hits. Still can't believe that 0-2 homer to Bruce, worst time to hang one.

EDIT: YOU SEE THAT NIESE? THAT'S CALLED A SAC BUNT. Pitchers do that.

Enron

Banned
Personally, I hope Delgado has fun pitching for the Cubs.

I hope this doesn't happen. Although Dempster's been having a great season, he's not this kind of pitcher. I'd rather just plug medlen in there.

This would be a huge mistake on Frank's part.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I hope this doesn't happen. Although Dempster's been having a great season, he's not this kind of pitcher. I'd rather just plug medlen in there.

This would be a huge mistake on Frank's part.
Talkin bout Garza son. Schuerholtz will push that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom