• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal

Banned
Am I the only one disappointed that all of the runners didn't hover around the plate and then all touch simultaneously to blow up Rivera's ERA even more?

(I know that's not possible...but a boy can dream)

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
he wasn't even that bad in 2010 either

still 1y 8million isn't chump change, so don't think everyone could have gotten him.

In a corresponding roster move, the Mets have promoted Kirk Nieuwenhuis, who will be available on Saturday and should make his MLB debut this weekend, from Triple-A Buffalo, confirming a report from Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com.
Yes!, Captain Kirk is in the majors!
Lesson is "don't judge a player coming off knee surgery too soon"? It was probably easy to write him off as washed up due to his age.
Yeah, he had a national audience in the playoffs as a Yankee, and his bat looked so slow. I couldn't believe how much weight he lost and how hard he worked to get back on track, but what makes it more surprising is he went to a team that already had a 1B (his position), and had to go to the outfield. I can't speak for the Mets since they had Ike, but did no other team have a desperate need for a 1B?
he wasn't even that bad in 2010 either

still 1y 8million isn't chump change, so don't think everyone could have gotten him.
Coming off his Yankee tenure, I remember people laughing at the money Berk was given. The universal thought was that he was done, bat speed declining and fielding certainly next due to his knee.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Kinda late to wake up, Brewers but sure, let's take some momentum into tomorrow's miserable failure.

Yes!, Captain Kirk is in the majors!

Yeah, he had a national audience in the playoffs as a Yankee, and his bat looked so slow. I couldn't believe how much weight he lost and how hard he worked to get back on track, but what makes it more surprising is he went to a team that already had a 1B (his position), and had to go to the outfield. I can't speak for the Mets since they had Ike, but did no other team have a desperate need for a 1B?
I'm pretty sure Berkman had his preferences of where to play. He probably wanted to prove he could still play OF too.

Fuck, K-mac. Waste of 2.5 million.

Yeah, I think the Cards can still score runs in the post-Pujols era.

Cards have a good offense. I would worry about durability though. Berkman, Beltran, Holliday, and Freese have all had trouble staying healthy, and the first two are starting to get up there.

I kind of hate how Gallardo always pitches horribly against the Cards.

Holliday should be okay; guy had a lot of freaky stuff happen to him last year but was durable in seasons past. The other three and Furcal are definitely health risks. Not to mention the top of our rotation.

Jangocube

Banned
Man, the Yankees could have really used Arrieta and Jim Johnson today.

It appears that the Orioles are undefeated. This makes me happy. AL East champs here we come!

Macattk15

That was just good hitting by Pena to end it there .... the pitch he hit was going right to where the glove was placed .... as for the bases loaded thing and other run ... lol.

Macattk15

Melky hit a fucking LASER there.

Paxton starting in Double A tonight. 6 batters. 6 K's.

Can't wait for the THREE. See ya in May Paxton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom