• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekameohs

Banned
CabreraKennedy.gif.opt.gif

Meier

I have no confidence that it will last but it sure is nice to see Bills remembering how to pitch for at least one evening.

bjb

Banned
Juan Rivera looks like he's in pretty good shape this year.

And for some reason I love watching Bruce Chen pitch.

that's a great way to get one in the ear
How do you say "Whoops, fastball in your ribs!" in Cuban?
You crush a ball that hard you can celebrate however the hell you want. Really impressive stuff from Cespedes.
You don't stare a guy down for 4-5 seconds, especially when you're a virtual rook and you're team is down 6 (or 4). However, since that was his 1st HR I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he never hit one in the US.

Anybody get an estimate on the Cespedes HR? 450 or so sounds right to me.

I'm liking these Mariners. This was a series worth of runs last season.

Macattk15

Too bad Cespedes just K'ed on some gas upstairs.

Anybody get an estimate on the Cespedes HR? 450 or so sounds right to me.

I'm liking these Mariners. This was a series worth of runs last season.

I'd say around that ... I think it was 420 off the cement .... hittracker will tell us tomorrow.

bluemax

Banned
How do you say "Whoops, fastball in your ribs!" in Cuban?

You don't stare a guy down for 4-5 seconds, especially when you're a virtual rook and you're team is down 6 (or 4). However, since that was his 1st HR I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he never hit one in the US.

It was his second homer!

Montero looks lankier than I expected. I thought he going to be Frank Thomas sized from the way people described him, but I guess he can fill into that frame as he ages.

Montero looks lankier than I expected. I thought he going to be Frank Thomas sized from the way people described him, but I guess he can fill into that frame as he ages.

6'3", 235 pound laser gun. His sac fly to right was a bullet. Can't wait to see what he does when he gets around on one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom