• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You my friend are a dedicated fan. I said eff it going to do something else.

BTW do you guys like ROOT sports? I hate it. Hell I enjoy watching CSN more... which is sad because Portland is our I-5 rival.

rando14

I can't believe it! Chone Figgins looked good! The M's scored more than 2 runs! Hopefully Smoak will be able to get into his rhythm soon and we'll be golden.

*sigh* Reatardi must die.... he.. just must.
Mo didn't look good at all. but I'm not ready to freak on him... yet. (I suggest sending him to the pen)
god damn Cespedes killed that one. unlike Alberta who should be DFA'd.
and .... hope for better things tomorrow (like trapper keeper being fired)

cdyhybrid

ROOT is shit.

+1

M's win! 7 runs! WTF! Felix tomorrow! Hurrrrray.

Felix Cy Young 2012 campaign GO.

I can't believe it! Chone Figgins looked good! The M's scored more than 2 runs! Hopefully Smoak will be able to get into his rhythm soon and we'll be golden.

My world is unraveling around me. Chone Figgins getting hits and driving in runs. M's winning. What the fuck is going on?

See you fuckers at opening night next Friday. I'll be in the beer garden.

CespedesWhat.gif.opt.gif

Now thats wat i call power.

The Mets and Jonathon Niese have agreed to a five-year, $25 million contract extension with options for 2017 and 2018 which could make the total value of the deal worth $46 million, the team announced.

Niese, 25, went 11-11 with a 4.40 ERA in 27 games and 26 starts last season. He allowed 178 hits, 77 earned runs, 44 walks while striking out 138 in 157 1/3 innings.

Niese, a seventh round pick from the 2005 amateur draft, is 22-23 with a 4.39 ERA over 370 2/3 innings in his big league career.

Untitled-19.jpg

Sandy said they’re tryig to build a core of young players going forward, and indicated a mutual interest in getting this deal done. “We thought it was a good idea, so we decided to pursue it and complete it,” Sandy said.

On whether or not this signifies a new strategy for the organization, Sandy said young players signing new contracts before they reach free agency is not a new idea in baseball, but acknowledged it is a good idea to retain their core players.

“We have a lot of good, young players on this team, and I hope we will be able to retain many of them,” Sandy said.

Mets Lineup
Ruben Tejada SS
Daniel Murphy 2B
David Wright 3B
Ike Davis 1B
Jason Bay LF
Lucas Duda RF
Josh Thole C
Kirk Nieuwenhuis CF (Major League debut)
R.A. Dickey RHP

Braves Lineup:
Michael Bourn CF
Martin Prado LF
Brian McCann C
Dan Uggla 2B
Freddie Freeman 1B
Jason Heyward RF
Juan Francisco 3B
Tyler Pastornicky SS
Jair Jurrjens RHP

Untitled-19.jpg

Mets Lineup
Ruben Tejada SS
Daniel Murphy 2B
David Wright 3B
Ike Davis 1B
Jason Bay LF
Lucas Duda RF
Josh Thole C
Kirk Nieuwenhuis CF (Major League debut)
R.A. Dickey RHP

Braves Lineup:
Michael Bourn CF
Martin Prado LF
Brian McCann C
Dan Uggla 2B
Freddie Freeman 1B
Jason Heyward RF
Juan Francisco 3B
Tyler Pastornicky SS
Jair Jurrjens RHP
Captain Kirk has landed! Time to show us dat talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom