• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Season Thread: Where Curt Schilling & Marlins will never find us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See? He was just warming up. Gonna have an inning to think bout, go out and sit 3 straight down for 4 more innings and call it a day. Probably bang some luck girl and then be lights out the rest of the season. It'll be perfect!

Idk why I want Darvish to succeed so much

cashman

Banned
For those actually watching the game, how close are Darvish's pitches?

They look like strikes on Gamecast.

unbiased

location.php-pitchSel=506433&game=gid_2012_04_09_seamlb_texmlb_1&batterX=&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=.gif

sangreal

Now as long as Noesi doesn't stink it up (I have NO idea what to expect from him honestly) we'll be ok!

Rangers line-up scares the shit outta me though.

Noesi was pretty solid as a mop-up long man on the Yankees last year. I expect him to put Darvish to shame. Might as well just commit sudoku now

If we were asses we should find a Japanese chatroom showing the game and troll the Japanese chatters like last October.

If we were asses though.

someone find one

From USS Mariner today:

It’s Yu Darvish’s Major League debut, so the Mariners are kind of an afterthought tonight. I had a chance to sit behind the plate for one of Darvish’s spring training starts, and his breaking stuff is ridiculous, so there’s a good chance he makes a lot of guys look foolish tonight. However, he did struggle with his fastball command all spring and seemed to live on the outer half of the plate, so the team would do well to make Darvish throw strikes before they go up there hacking. If they can get into good hitting counts, they can sit on a fastball and neutralize his secondary stuff to a degree. If he’s throwing strikes, they’re screwed anyway – at least patience at the plate will give them a fighting chance if he’s not sharp. Aggressiveness is exactly the wrong approach to take tonight.

Pretty spot on so far.

Doytch

95 with movement and an 87mph split. I like. I never really bought the hype last year since most of his games were against the Orilols/As/Ms, but this is nice.

Parch

Liking the crowd at the Roger's. Loved the Colby triple earlier.
I wish I was there. Crazy crowd atmosphere makes it fun.
Alvarez is looking pretty good, or are those Boston bats still full of beer and chicken. Here's hoping the Sox and Yanks slump till June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom