• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Macattk15

Cano fixed Smoak for us. Woohoo!

841572731.gif

420 foot double!

Parch

What a horseshit wall. Who had the bright idea to build that there. I guess it is good for the batter, but oh well, it doesn't need to be that big.
Telus Field in Edmonton has a similar wall that is 34 feet tall. Only 3 players have hit a homer over it, one being Michael Cuddyer.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I was really looking forward to seeing Sano play tooo. Praying for a full recovery....
You and me both. Recovery on TJ for position players is much less of a gamble than pitchers, at least. Still, it's pretty frustrating. I was/am looking forward to Buxton and Sano playing together. Hopefully it's soon.

The UI is garbage coming from the clean 360 interface too, it's pretty infuriating. My PC is actually handling everything OK in SD now but sitting at a computer chair for 10 innings (my game is tied in the 9th) is a bitch. I'll keep searching to see if/when they update the games for this season and post back if they do.

so run an HDMI cable to you r TV then.

Relief pitcher Guillermo Mota, 40, has announced his retirement. After sitting out the entire 2013 season, he signed a minor league/spring training deal with the Royals. Shortly after camp started, he decided it was time to hang it up. He left the Royals spring facility in Surprise, AZ on Friday.

He finishes with a career 39-45 record with 10 saves, a 3.94 ERA, and 1.276 WHIP. Fangraphs has his career WAR at 3.2.

Mota signed with the Mets as an amateur free agent in 1990 at the age of 16. He made his MLB debut with the Expos on May 2, 1999. He spent 14 seasons in the big league, appearing in 743 career games (all relief appearances) for the Expos, Dodgers, Marlins, Indians, Mets, Brewers, and Giants.

Mota appeared in the postseason four times, twice winning a World Series with the Giants in 2010 and 2012. He also appeared in 2006 with the Mets and 2008 with the Brewers. He was 1-0 with a 6.43 ERA in 14 career postseason appearances. He pitched 2.1 scoreless innings in the 2010 World Series against the Rangers.

Mota was suspended twice in his career under MLB's Joint Drug Agreement, which went into effect in the 2004 season. He was suspended for 50 games in 2007 and for 100 games in 2012. He tested positive both times for Clenbuterol, a steroid commonly used as a fat-burner. It is illegal in the United States.

Baseball-Reference estimates Mota made approximately $18.2 million in his career.

lordy88

Thanks a lot for quoting my article! It makes me incredibly happy to see it dispersed across the web.

But seriously, writing it made me absolutely pumped to watch Tanaka develop this season. He had some flaws (keeping the ball up, failing to get first pitch strikes), but if he gets that Fastball/Splitter combination cooking, we have a certifiable ace on our hands.

rando14

Cano, by all accounts, is thoroughly enjoying his first days inside a lively new clubhouse with new teammates, and his characteristically broad smile seems to confirm that from his position at the head of the beautified clubhouse here. But Cano looks around and sees those very real issues and wonders if there could be a move or two more coming from the Mariners.

General manager Jack Zduriencik appears either willing to wait before diving into the next impact move or is finally and simply short of cash (two sources suggest the Mariners have little or no loot left to spend, something Zduriencik won't confirm). Before hearing Cano's very specific ideas about how to improve the team, Zduriencik observed that he's learned over the winter just how "perceptive" his new megastar is.

Cano happily blended into the background on a team of veteran stars even as the best player in New York, but he doesn't hesitate when it comes to his thoughts on the Mariners, as the obvious burgeoning positional leader of a very young team.

"I'm not going to lie. We need an extra bat, especially a right-handed bat," Cano told CBSSports.com. "We have many left-handed hitters. We need at least one more righty. You don't want to face a lefty pitcher with a lineup of seven left-handed hitters."

YanBY.gif

Pryce

Dee Gordon starting for us.

Dee Gordon will take us to the promised land. All bow down to future GOAT Dee Gordon.

Dee Gordon

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think spring and summer baseball is my favorite thing. The world just feels so much warmer.

Top Bottom