• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

rando14

It's ok. Ackley just hit a HR. 2 2Bs and a HR so far this spring ... HE BE FIXED.

841756190.gif

He has actually been hitting the shit out of the ball so far.

Omg yes please Dustin please!! Hope that batting swing change is working for real, god how nice would it be if he turned out to be even an average player lol

Macattk15

Dat Spring Training optimism. lulz

Lets not get it twisted. I expect nothing more than possibly a .500 season. And that is only if Iwakuma and Walker come back ASAP.

As for Ackley ... he didn't hit worth SHIT last season and that continued into the season. He is stinging the ball so far ... and in interviews he seems to have a clearer mind/focus now. He was a #2 pick once ... so I still have hope in him.

My Smoak is fixed mentions are purely sarcasm though ... it'd be appreciated though if he was, but I doubt it.

Paches

Lets not get it twisted. I expect nothing more than possibly a .500 season. And that is only if Iwakuma and Walker come back ASAP.

As for Ackley ... he didn't hit worth SHIT last season and that continued into the season. He is stinging the ball so far ... and in interviews he seems to have a clearer mind/focus now. He was a #2 pick once ... so I still have hope in him.

My Smoak is fixed mentions are purely sarcasm though ... it'd be appreciated though if he was, but I doubt it.

It is the Samson beard. Just don't let anyone cut it or he is going down the tubes.

Enron

Banned
Enron, why not do an auction draft? Who's Long Live Selig? I need to get on my mock draft grind.

Have you ever done an auction draft online? Its hours and hours of PAIN. I tried one last year. It. Took. Forever.

Also - you need owners who pay attention. Auction drafts are great when its your coworkers and/or buddies who you know will be active and show up for a draft and dont mind sitting there for 4 or 5 hours but online like this in a gaf league? Nuh uh.

Its all part of the plan. Expand interleague, and Selig's final "FU" will be adding the DH to the NL.

I love baseball so much but I think that would be the tipping point for me. I love the strategy that goes into baseball and adding the DH just wipes it all out. I love when managers are down 1-0 in the 6th with the pitchers spot leading off and have to decide to pinch hit or not.

Yeah let's pull a pitcher who's given up one run on 55 pitches through 5 guys.

Doesn't sound any less dumb

And yet you see pitchers pulled in situations like that all the time in the NL, also not sure where you are getting this specific pitch count from. You just wanted to disagree with something I said and you didnt take the time to actually read what I wrote.

cashman

Banned
And yet you see pitchers pulled in situations like that all the time in the NL, also not sure where you are getting this specific pitch count from. You just wanted to disagree with something I said and you didnt take the time to actually read what I wrote.

The point is nobody wants to see somebody hitting in the .100s in the lineup everyday, and nobody wants to see a pitcher being pulled early while he's throwing a gem. NL baseball is fucking stupid.

aFIGurANT

PEDralta showing dat pop.

Apparently the second was aided by 30 mph winds straight out but still. I'll take it every time.

And the DL in the NL would bastardize for the simple sake of standardization. I personally enjoy the fact that reaching the bottom of the order means a lot more when watching NL games as just one point in favor of the status quo. The ebb and flow in the threat of a lineup is an important part of baseball - it exists in the AL still but not to the extent that it does in the NL.

Have you ever done an auction draft online? Its hours and hours of PAIN. I tried one last year. It. Took. Forever.

Also - you need owners who pay attention. Auction drafts are great when its your coworkers and/or buddies who you know will be active and show up for a draft and dont mind sitting there for 4 or 5 hours but online like this in a gaf league? Nuh uh.

Yea, I've done it for baseball, basketball, and football. It's way more fun. If you're concerned about inactivity, why did you invite the same no shows again?

aFIGurANT

Yea, I've done it for baseball, basketball, and football. It's way more fun. If you're concerned about inactivity, why did you invite the same no shows again?

In fairness (and not to speak for the SuperPAC) Enron had the league by the balls all year. I detest people who don't stick around all season and you shouldn't sign up if you don't plan to play, but that could have been part of it. If I hadn't been in 2nd and 3rd back and forth all season I might have done the same thing.

In fairness (and not to speak for the SuperPAC) Enron had the league by the balls all year. I detest people who don't stick around all season and you shouldn't sign up if you don't plan to play, but that could have been part of it. If I hadn't been in 2nd and 3rd back and forth all season I might have done the same thing.

It didn't stop me from trying to win it and I was fighting my way up for most of the season. I was close.

It didn't stop me from trying to win it and I was fighting my way up for most of the season. I was close.

My team had the worst record at one point and I just missed the playoffs the final series of the season. I am super worried I am not going to have much time with the kid due in a few weeks. I also am skipping the Baseball package this year so it will be much harder to keep up with all the players, but I will try to do my best. Dont want to lose my spot for future years.

aFIGurANT

Oh I know. You, me (Trust in Realignment) and Mystery Team (not sure who this is ITT) all competed but it was unreal that there was no drop-off from like May on for Enron. We'll take him down a notch this year though.

nice to see league still sucks

yeah I'm a little
15.gif
about kershaw.. i know its way early but its like game 6 carryover and shit

nick punto jacked 3 rbis

Oh I know. You, me (Trust in Realignment) and Mystery Team (not sure who this is ITT) all competed but it was unreal that there was no drop-off from like May on for Enron. We'll take him down a notch this year though.

He just jumped too really hot start and just kept on piling on. It also didn't help that everyone else was neck and neck the whole year.

Macattk15

Dustin ackley 3-run double!! it's doubly happening!!

And the next to follow in the Kyle Seager/Brad Miller line of underrated/not at all rated prospects Chris Taylor hit a grand slam in the other M's game going on.

Brad Miller also hit a HR that game.

841917168.gif

Don't play in on Ackley you son of bitches!

His swing honestly appears much better than it has in previous Spring/Regular Seasons.

Top Bottom