• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The Braves snuck our top SS prospect into a game today at second base. He hit a double in his only PA. I'm very excited to see how Peraza develops over the next couple of years. It would be nice if he could add a little pop into his game.

cashman

Banned
ohdamnlol.gif

boooooooooom

Macattk15

Holy shit. Montero can't even play 1B ... just cut the guy already! Waste of a 40 man spot!

edit : then he hits a 2 run opposite field HR off Beckett .... fuck. Oooooh back-to-back Montero-Romero HRs.

CygnusXS

I'm trying to convert a buddy of mine into a baseball fan but I feel kind of bad at the same time because it would mean making him a Mariners fan.

Asking one person to be both a Mariners fan and a Canucks fan is simply unfair.

Macattk15

I'm trying to convert a buddy of mine into a baseball fan but I feel kind of bad at the same time because it would mean making him a Mariners fan.

Asking one person to be both a Mariners fan and a Canucks fan is simply unfair.

Just tell him not to expect much and open his heart to heartbreak. Things will be ok. The Mariners might win the World Series some day ..... and then my fandom will be vindicated (I just hope it is before I die).

There are worse baseball fates. He could be a Cubs fan.

CygnusXS

Just tell him not to expect much and open his heart to heartbreak. Things will be ok. The Mariners might win the World Series some day ..... and then my fandom will be vindicated (I just hope it is before I die).

There are worse baseball fates. He could be a Cubs fan.
I've told him that playoffs could be a possibility in the next three years, but he has never watched a full baseball game so there's a long road ahead in the development of his fandom.

Sanjuro

I was going to post it, but there was an incident this week where the Miami Marlins organization were upset that the Red Sox did not start their regular season lineup. Reason being? They charged fans a premium ticket cost and they wore their regular season uniforms to give the illusion of it being a regular season game.

To sum it up, the Marlins were "outraged" and proceeded to contact the league about it.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-red-sox-lineup-blog-20140306,0,1509042.story

The Red Sox GM, Ben Cherington, responded to the Marlins with a basic explanation/apology of some sort, “they had some injuries and were working on some things.”

Then last night, John Henry responded on Twitter with this.

nAHbwTC.png

Marlins response.

iOaAPcbfJDtJ3.gif
iOaAPcbfJDtJ3.gif

aFIGurANT

STL has inked Aledmys Diaz to a four year deal, according to a couple of sources: Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz. I can't say I really "get it" given that you have M. Carpenter at third for 6 years and Peralta at SS for four but I guess it makes the Yankees sweat so good move?

BFIB

STL has inked Aledmys Diaz to a four year deal, according to a couple of sources: Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz. I can't say I really "get it" given that you have M. Carpenter at third for 6 years and Peralta at SS for four but I guess it makes the Yankees sweat so good move?
With Peralta not having a NTC, and he's getting paid more in his first two years, I doubt he's here the length of the deal.

aFIGurANT

With Peralta not having a NTC, and he's getting paid more in his first two years, I doubt he's here the length of the deal.
That makes some sense and I love not having a black hole in the farm at SS but they profile so similarly (with more power for Peralta obviously) across the same timeframe it's interesting to say the least. I guess you could also view him as insurance for Wong which makes me feel for the latter.

Loco4Coco

The Mets are a jinx to the Braves. Today with Medlen,Hudson last year, and didn't Medlen get hurt the first time against the Mets? Sorry Braves fan.

Macattk15

McClendon on Montero (6×10 in last three days with 2 HR, 2 2B, 5 RBIs): “He got better the last three days. He was horse(spit) before then.”

— Bob Dutton (@TNT_Mariners) March 9, 2014

I love it. McClendon is gonna have some good quotes this season .... so much better than Eric fucking Wedge.

Medlen's already had Tommy John surgery, and Fredi said his "spirits" were a lot better after the trainers examined him. They don't seem to think it's much of anything.

CygnusXS

Medlen's already had Tommy John surgery, and Fredi said his "spirits" were a lot better after the trainers examined him. They don't seem to think it's much of anything.
He's dead. Just move on already and accept this new post-Medlen hellhole that we must endure.

Freddy Garcia is are new #trueace.

eznark

Banned
I doubt most of you can read but just in case Where Nobody Knows Your name is a pretty good book about baseball players but a terrible book about baseball.

Also John Feinstein is kind of an ok writer. But he is a shitty reader. He reads his own audiobook. Not great.

Top Bottom