• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Loco4Coco

The Mets can't start the season with Tejada as the starting SS. He's still popping up the ball and still making errors in the field.

Malo

Banned
Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 7m
Scouts had Pineda with 1 fastball at 93, mostly 90-92, mainly 91. Worked inside well/aggressively. Slider was wipeout at 80-82mph #Yankees
Erik Boland ‏@eboland11 17m
One veteran opposing scout on Pineda tonight: "Very impressed. Yankees should be pumped." Had fastball at 91-93 mph

rando14

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 7m
Scouts had Pineda with 1 fastball at 93, mostly 90-92, mainly 91. Worked inside well/aggressively. Slider was wipeout at 80-82mph #Yankees

Oh yeah!!? Well Fattero went 2-2 today and is batting over .300 in spring training!!

everything is pointless

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/1...s-pitcher-doug-fister-held-elbow-inflammation

VIERA, Fla. -- Washington Nationals right-hander Doug Fister was scratched from his scheduled start Friday against the Houston Astros because of inflammation in his elbow.

Nationals manager Matt Williams says he'll "push him [back] a couple of days, just to make sure; get it out of there."

Fister, acquired in an offseason trade with the Detroit Tigers, threw 30 pitches over two innings Sunday in his spring debut. Williams says Fister felt discomfort in his right elbow after the game.
How good does Robbie Ray et al. have to be to make the trade reasonable if Fister misses a year due to TJ surgery?

Matt Harvey ‏@MattHarvey33 4s
2014 Harvey day will happen

Matt Harvey aiming to come back this year. gotta love the determination

Enron

Banned
Matt Harvey ‏@MattHarvey33 4s
2014 Harvey day will happen

Matt Harvey aiming to come back this year. gotta love the determination

That's admirable but if the Mets let him take the mound this year the entire front office, medical/training staff should be led outside the stadium and shot, hah

Blue Jays are close to an agreement with Ervin Santana on a 1-year, $14 million deal. Blue Jays would surrender their 2nd round pick in the draft (50th overall).

cashman

Banned
My most improved teams would be

AL: Blue Jays
NL: Nationals

It seems like every year I pick the blue jays to have a good year, heh.

Parch

Yay Santana. Happy for a mid-rotation guy, but that's all the Blue Jays can get under desperate situations.

Sounds like there was a lot of concern about his elbow. Perhaps only committing to a one year deal is a good thing.

Yay Santana. Happy for a mid-rotation guy, but that's all the Blue Jays can get under desperate situations.

Sounds like there was a lot of concern about his elbow. Perhaps only committing to a one year deal is a good thing.

Yeah, I'm not crazy about Santana on the Jays (a homer-friendly pitcher in Rogers Centre probably won't go well), but on a one-year deal, it's hard to be too opposed. My expectations for this season aren't that high, so the absolute worst-case scenario is that he's as bad as I'm expecting. Anything better than that will be amazing.

Doogdogg

Fangraphs Schedule strength

2014projectedsos.png

lol Orioles

AL East: WAR ZONE

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Nats, Braves, Cards and Dodgers have it so easy.

LOL SORRY ASTROS. :( :(
Keep in mind, part of the reason their schedules are easier is because they're all really good teams and don't have to face themselves, but worse teams have to face them.

McNei1y

lol that Nats schedule.

AJ Cole and Taylor Jordan went nuts today. I'm happy with either of them if Fister is out for a period of time.

Parch

Now they are saying the Orioles are the frontrunners for Santana
ESPN Deportes reports that Ervin Santana is debating between accepting offers from the Blue Jays and Orioles.
The Blue Jays have apparently offered a one-year, $14 million deal, while the O's are said to be on the table with a one-year deal worth $13 million plus incentives.

Pryce

I'd rather play for Baltimore, and it wouldn't be close. Hell, just not having to play in a dome would nearly do it.

aFIGurANT

Dat Expos...er, Nationals opponents WAR.

It's just that the NL East is terrible without Harvey in it. There's barely two teams worth consideration and one still has to prove last year was a fluke.

Also about the Grandy .gif...I thought football was the most latently homosexual sport - way to prove me wrong.

Macattk15

Dustin Ackley is the man this Spring.

Batting .500 on the Spring, HR away from the cycle today ... 2 RBI's. Please Ackley-san ... live up to your prospect hypes.

Top Bottom