• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Sounds like the Mariners might trade Walker+ for Price. Wouldn't be at all shocked if it happened. If it does, the obvious comp would be the Shields/Myers trade.

Syrinx

Sounds like the Mariners might trade Walker+ for Price. Wouldn't be at all shocked if it happened. If it does, the obvious comp would be the Shields/Myers trade.

I don't think I like that for the M's. Would they at least plan to extend Price once they got him?

Malo

Banned
NYYFans handed me a perma ban without any reason. Ass clowns.
I used to post there, but now I go there just for hilarity and reactions.

Jack Z is going to get fired, but he's going down guns blazing.

Macattk15

And now the Mariners being linked to David Price.

They do this every fucking offseason.

Don't trade Taijuan :( I mean Price is a proven ace ... but I like Sky Walker :(

Please no Jack. Just keep Taijuan ... he has a high probability of being a quality #2 behind Felix for a much longer time.

3N16MA

Banned
If they land Cano they are going to go all in. They signed Felix to that massive extension and can't just let him waste away and win nothing.

Macattk15

Rays have looked into advanced scouting on Walker, Paxton, Ackley, Franklin and Miller. Obviously not all would be included

— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) December 5, 2013

PLZ NO JACK NO.

JUST SIGN UBALDO OR GARZA OR COLON OR SOME SHIT.

clemenx

Banned
Anybody see that Fernando Tatis (I think that's him) on twitter said Granderson to the Mets.

He said it 6 hours ago and posted this a few days ago
the mets have spent probably $2,000 on lunches for cano and granderson...so dont say they are not spending
Lol.

But I think it's gonna happen. Have the Mets been linked to anyone else? :(

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rays have looked into advanced scouting on Walker, Paxton, Ackley, Franklin and Miller. Obviously not all would be included

— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) December 5, 2013

PLZ NO JACK NO.

JUST SIGN UBALDO OR GARZA OR COLON OR SOME SHIT.

All those guys will be included!

Seriously who the fuck wants Ackley though?

Macattk15

If only that fucking Yankee fraud Jesus Montero lived up to anything ....

Can't even hit his way out of a paper bag.

All those guys will be included!

Seriously who the fuck wants Ackley though?

He'd clearly just be a throw in with a marquee player like Walker leading the lot.

But I think it's gonna happen. Have the Mets been linked to anyone else? :(
The next domino is this: Outfield would be Granderson/Lagares/Young, but they like Eric Young Jr. to be in the lineup as a leadoff hitter. So they'd trade Daniel Murphy and have Young Jr. play 2nd base. Murphy has decent value, could get a B prospect for him.

Next would be the decision on which of Ike Davis/Lucas Duda to trade.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
If we land Cano, I would be willing to part with Walker for Price.. I mean that would be a fucking great top 3...

We are going to have to trim Yankee-Age for next season.

starting with you. you bring shame to the house of Steinbrenner.

You and weekend warrior are the first two gone. It's time for a new council leader and age!

I don't recall being dead, you lousy backstabber!

Pffft. I'm still running the show.

Still the most consistently correct member of the council!

you gone like Ellsbury son, out.

Am I in exile?

no. still the brains of the council.

Your time is up. It's time for a revolution *cue nwo music*

silence.

CygnusXS

If we land Cano, I would be willing to part with Walker for Price.. I mean that would be a fucking great top 3...

My thing is, OK, you get those guys. Then you have 2 years where they win maybe 82 games at most and then Price is gone.

Macattk15

My thing is, OK, you get those guys. Then you have 2 years where they win maybe 82 games at most and then Price is gone.

Thats why they somehow have to turn Nick Franklin and parts into Matt Kemp!

After acquiring Price.

I'm not that worried about the Mariners trading away pitching ... we have so fucking much of it in our system ... about all we have and DJ Peterson.

Trust me. I don't want to be the Royals either.

Thats why they somehow have to turn Nick Franklin and parts into Matt Kemp!

After acquiring Price.

I'm not that worried about the Mariners trading away pitching ... we have so fucking much of it in our system ... about all we have and DJ Peterson.
Nick Franklin will be a part of that Price deal.

Macattk15

Nick Franklin will be a part of that Price deal.

Oh yeah? You know that for sure brah?

If Walker is in the price deal ... I doubt Franklin would be. It's only 2 years of Price ... and Walker is top top top top tier prospect.

Shit they could take Walker and Edwin Diaz ... or Luiz Gohara .... or Victor Sanchez .....

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2014-top-10-prospects-seattle-mariners/

The Mariners could also lose out on Price and keep Walker .... and I'm perfectly content.

Malo

Banned
While getting Cano and Price would be great they still wouldn't contend for the west or a wild card. They would be a 80 to 85 win team at best. They would still need to make other moves on top of acquiring those two.

starting with you. you bring shame to the house of Steinbrenner.

I don't recall being dead, you lousy backstabber!

you gone like Ellsbury son, out.

no. still the brains of the council.

silence.
You don't post as often, so I forgot about you. We need a more active and great leader like Alex!

Blackace

We have a few great arms in the farm.. losing one for a sure ace who might sign again after 2 years isn't the end of the world..

I am not saying we should do it at all cost.. but I am ok with it happening..

CygnusXS

Now, if the Mariners got Cano and Choo, along with Price, I could begin to see it. Depends what exactly they would have to give up for Price, but that could be a WC team if things break right. Their defense should be dramatically improved over last year, so they wouldn't need to hit *that* much better to be competitive.

Blackace

The thing is the Mariners need to look more attractive to sign FAs.. Cano and Price would look much better

Syrinx

We have a few great arms in the farm.. losing one for a sure ace who might sign again after 2 years isn't the end of the world..

I am not saying we should do it at all cost.. but I am ok with it happening..

With all the money the Mariners are intent on spending, I wonder if their plan is to sign him to an extension after they get him. Unless Scott Boras is Price's agent, in which case that's obviously a moot point.

Blackace

With all the money the Mariners are intent on spending, I wonder if their plan is to sign him to an extension after they get him. Unless Scott Boras is Price's agent, in which case that's obviously a moot point.
Bo McKinnis, the extension master
Don't get me wrong, I want the Mariners to do it.

Just not for the same reasons.

well don't leave us hanging

Macattk15

Why is no one talking about trading for Stanton this offseason?

I feel like something gonna come out of nowhere and surprise my asshole with him.

Top Bottom