• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
He finished 2nd to Canseco. So, using 2013 Steroid Math, Greenwell is the MVP.

If you want to get TECHNICAL, you take away Griffey's for roid use as well!

97 was the clean era!

While getting Cano and Price would be great they still wouldn't contend for the west or a wild card. They would be a 80 to 85 win team at best. They would still need to make other moves on top of acquiring those two.

You don't post as often, so I forgot about you. We need a more active and great leader like Alex!

leaders delegate and besides i've been preoccupied with other things... and here I thought you could take care of things in my absence.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking as well. I doubt he has baseball sources.

does he even know what Baseball is?

Macattk15

Taijuan Walker ‏@tai_walker 21m
@ProspectInsider moms just finished dinner lol I need a break too

Makes me sad.

Don't trade him for Price Jack. Just say no!

Maxim726X

Apparently the Astros offered Granderson the elusive 4th year... Anyone else read/hear something similar?

Then we can all see Alderson sell Young as a big acquisition.

Apparently the Astros offered Granderson the elusive 4th year... Anyone else read/hear something similar?

Then we can all see Alderson sell Young as a big acquisition.
Hmmm

Astros... Mets

This is just a wild stab in the dark, but I'm thinking he'll sign with the Mets over the Astros even if the Mets don't offer a 4th year.

Blackace

Dunno.

But if the Seahawks are any inclination ... if the Mariners put a winning product on the field ... fans will most likely come.

SO THEY SHOULD DO THAT.

Seattle loves a winner

Malo

Banned
The Mariners were seemingly willing to give Ellsbury a stunning nine-year deal, but the center fielder was apparently less than enthused about going to Seattle - MLBTR

Jack Z wants to get fired. M's fans dodged a bullet there.

Macattk15

The Mariners were seemingly willing to give Ellsbury a stunning nine-year deal, but the center fielder was apparently less than enthused about going to Seattle - MLBTR

Jack Z wants to get fired. M's fans dodged a bullet there.

Well thank god for him not accepting that ... but man ... no one wants to fucking come to Seattle.

We aren't going to get anyone big outside of trades.

Macattk15

And even then, the trades don't work either. Justin Upton told the M's no thanks.

Also happy he did that.

But when you can't overpay people to come here ... I sure hope that resonates with the FO more than them seeing no fans showing up at the games.

Don't know what they can do at this point though if they're willing to overpay out the ass like this and still can't entice people/

lucius

I like Cano but the guy doesn't deserve that much more than David Wrights contract and what is he asking like 50-100 million more?

Yes the Yankees always have to pay more, players/agents expect them to, but I think Cano won't get any crazy contract from somone else and if he does let him go to that team that wants to overpay for him.

Blackace

I like Cano but the guy doesn't deserve that much more than David Wrights contract and what is he asking like 50-100 million more?

Yes the Yankees always have to pay more, players/agents expect them to, but I think Cano won't get any crazy contract from somone else and if he does let him go to that team that wants to overpay for him.

Word is the Mariners already beat the Yanks offer..

Sumidor

All this talk of the Mariners trading/signing someone, feels like it happens every off-season and then nothing substantial happens. Then again, the last time they had big signings, it was Richie Sexson, Adrian Beltre, and Chone Figgins.. Blech.

The next domino is this: Outfield would be Granderson/Lagares/Young, but they like Eric Young Jr. to be in the lineup as a leadoff hitter. So they'd trade Daniel Murphy and have Young Jr. play 2nd base. Murphy has decent value, could get a B prospect for him.

Next would be the decision on which of Ike Davis/Lucas Duda to trade.
Man Im leaning to staying with Duda/Satin platoon. Davis might bring a little more in too.

Blackace

All this talk of the Mariners trading/signing someone, feels like it happens every off-season and then nothing substantial happens. Then again, the last time they had big signings, it was Richie Sexson, Adrian Beltre, and Chone Figgins.. Blech.

Beltre was a good signing... and this year the M's have deeeeeep pockets

Top Bottom