• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Offseason '13-'14 |OT| Where the best fans live

Jeff Passan: Teams have now spent $524 million on free agents this offseason. The Yankees account for $238 million of that, or 45.4%.

Jesus Christ.

goldenhomer.gif

I want the Yankees to get Cano back in the fold on a "reasonable" deal, and resign Kuroda. Then whatever happens after that, I'll live with.

Also, I do hope the Mets get Granderson. I actually think he'd be pretty good there.

BFIB

Cards are going into the winter meetings looking for a RH option that can play middle infield and has some pop.

Didn't we just trade that option?

White Sox confirm Konerko's deal. $2.5 mil with $1 mil deferred to 2021.

Odd.

They deferred his 2013 payment until 2020 so it's only logical ;)
With that being said, don't know whether I like the signing. He is a great guy and was a very good player, but I fear that he'll get way too many PA's(anything below 350 I'm okay with) next year. Should have called it a career IMO.

BFIB

They deferred his 2013 payment until 2020 so it's only logical ;)
With that being said, don't know whether I like the signing. He is a great guy and was a very good player, but I fear that he'll get way too many PA's(anything below 350 I'm okay with) next year. Should have called it a career IMO.

Odds are Dunn is on the block. Not going to get much for him, but with Abreu most likely taking over at 1st, Konerko is a better DH option.

Not sure who'd want Dunn though.

Odds are Dunn is on the block. Not going to get much for him, but with Abreu most likely taking over at 1st, Konerko is a better DH option.

Not sure who'd want Dunn though.

It doesn't make sense to move Dunn now with his deal expiring at the end of the year unless you can find someone who takes on his whole salary. I think they'll platoon Dunn and Konerko and try to move Dunn at the deadline where he could have some value to a team.

In all likelyhood though it won't matter though as the offense will be the same impatient mess as last year...

Fox318

Yankees need to do this in order to justify their seat prices.

They sell 5-10 year packages and nobody wants to see them cheap it out.

They fucked up when they started talking about the 189 cap shit.

Sanjuro

All the talk around here today is highlighting the Manny Ramirez contract vs. the bloated deals of recent memory.

Can't really think of many other complete signings.

Macattk15

Rivera: "If Ellsbury gets $153 million, Cano should get $200 million"

He's not wrong.

Cano is worth way more than Ellsbury is.

Fucking Yankees skewing the market by making stupid contracts to players.

Fuck it Seattle. Pay Cano $210m ... get it done. Ain't my money ... and I think Cano will age well enough.

jbug617

Banned
A's and D-Backs talked but deal fell through.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Athletics, #DBacks discussed trade that would have sent Cespedes to AZ for Skaggs-Pollock-plus. However…

@Ken_Rosenthal: Both teams now say they were not comfortable with particular deal. For one thing, #Athletics only would trade Cespedes for monster return.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Discussion with #Athletics on Cespedes gives insight into #DBacks’ desire for power bat. Skaggs-Pollock also could be used to get SP.

Mariners might have topped Yankees offer on Cano. Telling him to be a baseball legend instead of a Yankee legend.

Wesa5V4.png

Fox318

Mariners might have topped Yankees offer on Cano. Telling him to be a baseball legend instead of a Yankee legend.

"Look son, there is the man who doesn't hustle and gets paid big star money. Be like him my son and you shall be a legend"

Robinson Cano can get a Prince Fielder/A-Rod contract with the Mariners and be just fine, because no matter what he's already won a World Series title with the Yankees.

...I still hope he comes back and instead takes 7 years/168M so he can be handsomely paid to contend for/possibly win more titles on stacked Yankee teams, though..

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It sounds like there will be a $20 million maximum on posting fees for NPB. In the case of a tie, it appears the team with the lowest winning percentage in the previous year would get negotiating rights.

Sorry Yanks & Dodgers, you aren't getting Tanaka! I just wish the Twins sucked a little harder :(

Macattk15

Jason A. Churchill ‏@ProspectInsider 42m
Just got a text from asst GM who thinks Seattle is about to make a "panic" move ...

David Cameron ‏@DCameronFG 41m
@ProspectInsider I got a similar text a few hours ago.

Jason A. Churchill ‏@ProspectInsider 40m
@DCameronFG "a move that gets GM's fired" was a phrase I got. I may take a nap now.

OH no. Strap in fuckers.

clemenx

Banned
It sounds like there will be a $20 million maximum on posting fees for NPB. In the case of a tie, it appears the team with the lowest winning percentage in the previous year would get negotiating rights.

Sorry Yanks & Dodgers, you aren't getting Tanaka! I just wish the Twins sucked a little harder :(

Why would NPB agree to this??

"Gets GM fired"? So he traded Felix?

Macattk15

Why would NPB agree to this??

"Gets GM fired"? So he traded Felix?

Trading Felix would end my fanhood with the Mariners right then and there.

But I'm being led to believe it's more of a damaging money move ... than a move like trading Felix.

https://twitter.com/TNT_Mariners

This guy is saying a bunch.

More Zduriencik: “…always have felt there would be a time where we have to augment this club. I think we’re at that time.”

I hope something happens ... I want to either be excited or blow my brains out ... something better happen.

Ned will find a way.

Top Bottom