• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raziel

Murphy fucks up Dodgers with Mets -> Dodgers pass on Murphy in free agency -> Murphy fucks up Dodgers with Nats

Full circle

Murphy fucks up Dodgers with Mets -> Dodgers pass on Murphy in free agency -> Murphy fucks up Dodgers with Nats

Full circle

Yeah it makes no sense. Even if he were terrible for the Dodgers, at least they wouldn't have to face him in the playoffs.

Edit: Also, it's amazing how they've had a terrible bullpen for over 5 years now. You'd think they would try to address that at some point.

Beckx

Dodgers bullpen is a disaster, but this is terrible managing. I mean...WTF,

change the manager, but can't change the result

at the end of every year, i always think "how can this team look like this, and have that for a payroll" and never figure out the answer.

Doomsayer

It took our bullpen a whole three pitches to ruin the entire outing.

I mean, seriously. What the fuck

Blanton should've gone out from the get-go. I don't understand Roberts hard-on for Baez. Dude is trash.

change the manager, but can't change the result

I mean, I don't watch Dodgers baseball except for in the postseason, but this is absurd. Let Kershaw face one more batter? Don't pull the reliever after a 1 pitch HPB outing?

Why burn through three relievers in the 7th? If Blanton is your man and the stakes are so high, why not bring him out?

I mean, I don't watch Dodgers baseball except for in the postseason, but this is absurd. Let Kershaw face one more batter? Don't pull the reliever after a 1 pitch HPB outing?

Why burn through three relievers in the 7th? If Blanton is your man and the stakes are so high, why not bring him out?

Kershaw's allowed a ton of runs in the 7th. I don't blame them for pulling him. I blame the team for neglecting their bullpen despite it being the biggest reason for their playoff failures.

Doomsayer

Our bullpen was the best in baseball (or top 2) after the break, they just regressed to the mean the past two games. It isn't surprising, just really fucking bad timing. I would've just brought out Blanton from the start. Baez is the 8th inning guy anyway. Really stupid decision.

Kershaw's allowed a ton of runs in the 7th. I don't blame them for pulling him. I blame the team for neglecting their bullpen despite it being the biggest reason for their playoff failures.

Fair enough. Then go to your top bullpen arm with the bases loaded, two outs, in a must win game.

the bullpen was actually good for the most part this year though. The FO did address it.

I typically don't follow the Dodgers much until the postseason. Just going by the postseason, you wouldn't think the bullpen was improved at all. Unfortunately, the other main reason for the Dodgers' playoff failures has been very poor clutch hitting, which isn't something they can easily fix.

I typically don't follow the Dodgers much until the postseason. Just going by the postseason, you wouldn't think the bullpen was improved at all. Unfortunately, the other main reason for the Dodgers' playoff failures has been very poor clutch hitting, which isn't something they can easily fix.

So based on a sample size of 3 games their bullpen hasn't improved at all, as opposed to the 162 game regular season? I mean, using this logic Bryce Harper stinks and should be DFA'd.

Beckx

i don't either, so idk, but when you've already decided to live or die on Kershaw's ability to pitch on short rest just to possibly have a game 5, seems like he'd have a longer leash. especially given Baez's long outing yesterday (wasn't he in for over 2 innings or am i thinking of someone else who made innings seem like years).

So based on a sample size of 3 games their bullpen hasn't improved at all, as opposed to the 162 game regular season? I mean, using this logic Bryce Harper stinks and should be DFA'd.

I'm not disagreeing with you. My point is that it's unfortunate that no matter how good the bullpen seemed on paper, their playoff run so far has been essentially the same as usual.

How shitty are the bullpens in baseball? I keep hearing the Dodgers have one of the best but I refuse to believe it.

The one silver lining to the Royals' season was the bullpen. They went 41.1 scoreless innings in a row. Best since the Kansas City A's in 1966.

Shame about the starting pitching, offense, and injuries.

I'm not disagreeing with you. My point is that it's unfortunate that no matter how good the bullpen seemed on paper, their playoff run so far has been essentially the same as usual.

That's how things go. It's what makes the MLB playoffs so interesting. Baseball is a game of streaks. There are instances during the regular season where the best hitters or pitchers go through multi-game slumps, it just so happens that sometimes those slumps can occur at the worst moments (i.e. the playoffs). It's what can make the playoffs a crapshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom