• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keylow415

Yeah, but guys like Romo, casillas, Strickland seems to be a liability for the team in their roles. They need a closer and a Reliable reliever.

but this game was lost by the reliever over management, why take out a reliever after loosing one batter in a 3 run lead? I never being a fan of panic mode relievers change.

i think strickland has been the biggest disappoint because they have been waiting to give him the closer roll and he has not taken it. he needs another pitch because even tho he throws hard his fast ball has no movement.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hi guys. Can I interest you in ketchup?

p3U8bjS.gif

thefro

Amazing comeback in the 9th.

If I were a Giants fan (instead of a Cubs fan), I wouldn't be a fan of Bochy using 5 pitchers in the 9th. I understand you want to get favorable matchups but I think a lot of relievers struggle in that type of situation and may take a batter or two to get settled in.

Snake

Congrats, Cubs.

As a Giants fan, there's no reason we needed to take another title so soon. The Cubs are easily the year's most deserving team, and I'll be rooting for them against the Dodgers.

Kettch

It was interesting how much of a mirror it was to the previous game. Both managers brought in a pair of relievers to face single batters who get on base before the closer who then blows it.

Hopefully we don't see that anymore.

Mrbob

Amazing comeback in the 9th.

If I were a Giants fan (instead of a Cubs fan), I wouldn't be a fan of Bochy using 5 pitchers in the 9th. I understand you want to get favorable matchups but I think a lot of relievers struggle in that type of situation and may take a batter or two to get settled in.
Well to be fair Maddon had the same disaster yesterday in the 8th inning.

Congrats to the Cubs!

This Thursday, the game between the Los Angeles Dodgers & the Washington Nationals (as well as the division series as a whole) will finally come to a conclusion.

Choomp

Banned
Leave it to Corran to distract everyone from the fact that EYBS died

That gif is pretty great though

I'm also realizing this is probably something close to what Pete Rose's take would be on what's happening in this thread right now

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I was away for dinner for a couple hours and it all looked good. Of course, it all comes crashing down in the 9th.

As long as the Doyers eventually lose, the postseason is a success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom