• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
LA Dodgers wins game 2, now tied with the Cubs at 1 game apiece.

This guarantees a 5th game later on & that the Cubs will now have to play at Dodger Stadium for the next 3 games.

Terrible strike zone tonight. Rizzo and Russel need to start doing something at the plate and Heyward needs to be only brought in as a late game replacement.

Velcro Fly

Not at all afraid of Rich Hill or Maeda. And Kershaw isn't going to start 4 games in this series. But damn some of these lineup regulars need to start hitting the ball.

Cels

that first pitch to bryant was way inside

you can even hear him (or someone else maybe?) saying NO after the strike was called

Kershaw is exorcising some serious postseason demons. Of course it was always overblown, but goddamn, shutting down the best team in MLB is pretty damn sweet.

Velcro Fly

that first pitch to bryant was way inside

you can even hear him (or someone else maybe?) saying NO after the strike was called

Even felt like toward the end the ump squeezed the zone a little. Chapman not getting a low strike that Hendricks and Kershaw both got earlier in the game. And then you get that one 5 inches off the plate inside. Call that bullshit on worthless Rizzo but not to Bryant who still has hope.

J2 Cool

Kershaw was really good tonight, but Cubs hitters were really bad. Montero bailed them out g1, pitchers in the Giant series.

Cubs have bought Rizzo and Russell (and Heyward) well enough time to get their head on straight. Pretty disappointing

Up 1-0, against Kershaw, nothing to lose. Tonight was the time to mix it up with the lineup

Cubs bats are a genuine concern now. They are playing like shit. I still think they win this series but their fans are going to have some more heartbreak if they don't start hitting even a little more.

Also I forgot the Dodgers came close to having Chapman AND Jansen this season.

Kershaw is exorcising some serious postseason demons. Of course it was always overblown, but goddamn, shutting down the best team in MLB is pretty damn sweet.
No Matt Carpenter and Matt Adams to light him up. 😉

Dodgers sandbagging that last regular season series against the Giants suddenly makes sense.

They need a closer so badly. It would be fucking awful if it happened..so it will. I wonder if he'll get $20m?

I think he and Chapman could both blow up the reliever market, especially since these kinds of games are showing how important these guys are. Relievers are going to become this winter's hot commodity. I could see both getting $80-100 million contracts.

Choomp

Banned
Not at all afraid of Rich Hill or Maeda. And Kershaw isn't going to start 4 games in this series. But damn some of these lineup regulars need to start hitting the ball.

I like Rich Hill a lot. I think he's really good. I also think from what I've seen of Kenta Maeda's starts that he's like the unluckiest pitcher in the MLB this year. They're no Kershaw but don't be surprised if either or both of them beat the Cubs this series

J2 Cool

I kind of saw this last year, and thought this is where Starlin Castro had some value. Zobrist has been really good, so fair move on that. Its just with the youth, bringing in Soler next game is still mildly a crapshoot. You would rather have attempted that move while ahead in the series, to see if he provides another solid bat.

billeh

Cubs bats are a genuine concern now. They are playing like shit. I still think they win this series but their fans are going to have some more heartbreak if they don't start hitting even a little more.

In spite of their bats, they are 4-2. Those 2 losses being Bumgarner and Kershaw starts.

They lost the games everyone assumed they were going to lose.

Biggest game of Jake's life coming up and I trust him a lot more than Rich "3IP, 3R" Hill.

Mrbob

They've been winning with smoke and mirrors this post season it seems.

Well pitching and great defense for the most part. But yeah I'm wondering how far the Cubs can go if their bats don't start to heat up.

Hobbun

In spite of their bats, they are 4-2. Those 2 losses being Bumgarner and Kershaw starts.

They lost the games everyone assumed they were going to lose.

Biggest game of Jake's life coming up and I trust him a lot more than Rich "3IP, 3R" Hill.

Exactly.

It was assumed they would lose these two games (against each team’s respective ace). And where it would have been nice to win, neither loss was, or is now, any reason to panic.

I feel confident the Cubs will do well in LA. For all three games, none of LA’s pitchers are bad by any means (and Rich Hill can be very good if he’s on his game), but the match-ups I feel definitely go to the Cubs.

Would really love to see the Cubs put up at least a 4 spot in the first inning on Tuesday.

Cu7D384XYAI0-7X.jpg

Shut the fuck up Jose. There's absolutely no need to fuel the conspiracy theories that somehow the MLB is against Toronto.

God I want this shitbag gone, all he's done is poison the well and the goodwill he has built up in the Toronto market since he came here.

EDIT: Maybe only slightly related to the Jays, but Rogers has named former Telus chief Joseph Natale CEO after Guy Laurence steps down. Might be a harbringer of what's to come for the Jays.

BFIB

Shut the fuck up Jose. There's absolutely no need to fuel the conspiracy theories that somehow the MLB is against Toronto.

God I want this shitbag gone, all he's done is poison the well and the goodwill he has built up in the Toronto market since he came here.

EDIT: Maybe only slightly related to the Jays, but Rogers has named former Telus chief Joseph Natale CEO after Guy Laurence steps down. Might be a harbringer of what's to come for the Jays.

Jose Trump.

winjet81

Coincidentally enough, Cody Allen, in the 9th inning of the last game, threw a fast ball to Jose on a 2-1 count in which he completely missed his spot. The ball went RIGHT DOWN THE HEART OF THE PLATE. And Jose blew it big time by fouling it off to the back-stop. Next pitch, strikeout.

No-one to blame but himself.

Ugh. Bautista and his conspiracies is just noise and nonsense. If you can't make the adjustments during the game you don't deserve to win the game period. That strike zone was all over the place for both teams, you can't argue conspiracies because the MLB doesn't want a Canadian team in the finals.

The Indians' twitter page sure did respond perfectly to he whole "circumstances against us blah blah":

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLpTkawj5jm/

ElNino

His time with the Jays is coming to an end soon, no way I see the Jays signing him to an extension. His toxic attitude has been hurting the team more than it has helped, particularly with the team's reputation with umpires. I can't help but think that his constant complaints with strike zone calls is hurting the other batters as well as him.

Now Edwin on the other hand... let's hope they pony up to keep him.

The only thing I can say in Jose's defence is that he, and the Jays, have been on the receiving end of a bullshit conspiracy theory too. And that was a lot more than just a pissed off blabber mouth sounding off to the press.

I'm sure MLB would risk the integrity of their entire sport, and their multi-billion dollar business, in order to rig the Cleveland/Toronto ALCS. Makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom