• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like Jose's ego ballooned when he hit the home run in the ALDS.

The Jays deserve to lose this series and I'm fine with that. They got further than I expected them to get.

Glad things went the way they did and Bauer is pitching today instead. Love his fire.

Go Tribe!

No amount of nfl rigging can help the browns.

No, no, the reverse curse is working its way for us to finally get the #1 pick in a draft that's going to actually be good.

Now, if we actually take the best player, that's another question...

It's like Jose's ego ballooned when he hit the home run in the ALDS.

The Jays deserve to lose this series and I'm fine with that. They got further than I expected them to get.

It did. Think about it, that's the first amount of success he has had in his career, considering he came here when the team was trash and barely treading water in the dogfight that was the the AL East. It was his play that gave the Jays an inkling of a chance in that ALDS.

So of course, he comes into a contract year, and lays down that hard line in the sand in regards to his preferred contract. Compared to EE, who basically said he wouldn't talk publicly about his contract situation, and didn't want to bring it up midseason to management.

It did. Think about it, that's the first amount of success he has had in his career, considering he came here when the team was trash and barely treading water in the dogfight that was the the AL East. It was his play that gave the Jays an inkling of a chance in that ALDS.

So of course, he comes into a contract year, and lays down that hard line in the sand in regards to his preferred contract. Compared to EE, who basically said he wouldn't talk publicly about his contract situation, and didn't want to bring it up midseason to management.

I really liked Jose before this season, but some of the stuff he's said this year has made me want him to just leave and never come back.

Sign EE, say goodbye to Jose and Saunders. Bolster the bullpen, get Joey Votto and add a decent outfielder.

[URL="http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1116246]Well...[/URL]

It's not clear if the rebuilding Reds even have interest in trading Votto despite owing him $172 million over the next seven years. What's also unclear is if Votto even wants to leave Cincinnati. The 33-year-old owns a full no-trade clause and is said to love playing for the Reds, and GM Dick Williams told Heyman he doesn't believe Votto wants to leave.

Votto's great but Paul Goldschmidt is the guy I'd be trying to get, but you have to convince whoever takes over Arizona that they aren't going to compete during his prime.

Votto's great but Paul Goldschmidt is the guy I'd be trying to get, but you have to convince whoever takes over Arizona that they aren't going to compete during his prime.

I don't think the Jays have the prospects to get either one, tbh. When they sold the farm to get Tulo and Price, it left them very thin, and what prospects they do have, either are being seasoned in the farm, or are basically waiting in the wings already.

Choomp

Banned
Not taking anything away from Miller, but the Jays have been baffled like this by many, many pitchers all season long.

Their offense looked pretty amazing against the Rangers, who threw two really good starters at them. Idk it they just get streaky or what but what I do know is Andrew Miller is filthy as hell

I don't think the Jays have the prospects to get either one, tbh. When they sold the farm to get Tulo and Price, it left them very thin, and what prospects they do have, either are being seasoned in the farm, or are basically waiting in the wings already.

at some point, votto is going to be pretty cheap in terms of prospects. i wouldn't be surprised if Cincinnati doesn't choose to just unload him for scraps pretty soon.

at some point, votto is going to be pretty cheap in terms of prospects. i wouldn't be surprised if Cincinnati doesn't choose to just unload him for scraps pretty soon.

Absolutely, I don't doubt that, and that's probably when Shapiro bites on the oppurtunity to trade. Until then, even if he is good, that contract is wayyyyy too much to have on the books for a guy north of 30.

BFIB

With the free agent market being so thin this year, I expect a lot of players we didn't think would get traded end up moved. Votto could load quite a haul for Cincy, if he's willing to forgo his NTC.

Raziel

Jose has a point.

lgLkeiS.jpg

Jose has a point.

At the same time, you know what isn't good? Basically reporting to the public, 'Hey, maybe there's a conspiracy afoot!' when you are already known as one of the biggest whiners of balls and strikes in the entire league.

This situation didn't need to be brought up. It goes to show just how stupid Jose's decisions have been all season.

Raziel

At the same time, you know what isn't good? Basically reporting to the public, 'Hey, maybe there's a conspiracy afoot!' when you are already known as one of the biggest whiners of balls and strikes in the entire league.

This situation didn't need to be brought up. It goes to show just how stupid Jose's decisions have been all season.

I didn't see him say it's a conspiracy - that seems like the easy, knee jerk interpretation the Internet likes to do without looking at the data or watching the games.

I interpreted his "elements and circumstances" as alluding to the human element of the umps (who can miss calls) and the circumstances of playing on the road (where home cooking is a thing).

I disagree also that it shouldn't be brought up (if he does indeed have a point). Athletes and coaches in all sports tweak officials throughout the course of the playoffs just to get it out there.

Jays fan who threw beer can at Hyun-Soo Kim no longer at news agency

The man who allegedly threw a beer can toward an outfielder during a Toronto Blue Jays playoff game is out of a job.

“Ken Pagan has left Postmedia,” spokeswoman Georgia Sourtzis said in a brief email.

Mr. Pagan, who worked as a sports copy editor at Postmedia in Hamilton, was charged with mischief for allegedly throwing a beer can on the field during the Oct. 4 wild-card game between the Blue Jays and the Baltimore Orioles. He is to appear in court on Nov. 10.

However, a source with knowledge of the case said Mr. Pagan was terminated. He has hired Toronto employment lawyer Ben Millard, who declined comment.

Malo

Banned
Horrible idea. You don't trade away your performing star player like that.
He's 33, plays a non premium position, and the reds are rebuilding. By the times the reds are good, he'll be in his late thirties or maybe early forties and on the decline.

https://twitter.com/thekeenanwire/status/788125259220324352

Ontario Superior Court rules dismisses injunction application. No ban for now on Cleveland name and logo.

Related:

"Major League Baseball appreciates the concerns of those that find the name and logo of the Cleveland Indians to be offensive," MLB said in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. "We would welcome a thoughtful and inclusive dialogue to address these concerns outside the context of litigation. Given the demands for completing the League Championship Series in a timely manner, MLB will defend the Indians right to use their name that has been in existence for more than 100 years."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2016/10/17/cleveland-indians-mascot-chief-wahoo-injunction-canada/92285732/

Disgusting is all that I can say.

Raziel

The Blue Jays.

The problem is it can kill entire at-bats, when players feel they have to swing at pitches outside the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom