• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigAT

The Blue Jays.

The problem is it can kill entire at-bats, when players feel they have to swing at pitches outside the zone.

Trust me, I fully understand how much an inconsistent strike zone can affect an at bat.

But it's a single pitch once every 3 innings. Come on.

Votto should be dealt if any value can come back. Not sure who would give up a prospect group to make it worth anyone's while though.

Jose has a point.

That's not some kind of outlier difference from the average with that sample size of pitch count:

Give me a break. It's just a normal deviation.

People saying "something is going on" don't understand basic statistics.

bigred50

WAHOO_1947.jpg

With the free agent market being so thin this year, I expect a lot of players we didn't think would get traded end up moved. Votto could load quite a haul for Cincy, if he's willing to forgo his NTC.

Doesn't sound like Votto wants to leave Cincy. Must really love Skyline

3N16MA

Banned
Horrible idea. You don't trade away your performing star player like that.

It's the perfect time to trade him. He is still owed 179M over the next 7 years. He just turned 33 and is still productive enough to garner some attention.

The Reds are going nowhere fast and could use a good return for Votto. They got the best years out of him and now would be a good time to move on.

Choomp

Banned
fug, there's no one harder on the jays than the jays fans in here when it starts going bad for them :(

guys it's 1-0 and your team hasn't even come to bat yet lol

BigAT

Is Major League Baseball designing their outfield walls to intentionally interfere with Toronto's defense?

I'm not saying they are, but I think it's a question that needs to be asked.

The Jays are pathetic.

Meh. This series has been so damn close it's hard to fault them for anything. The Jays have just been out pitched in a two game pitching dual.

There were some bad ump calls in that first game but some of those Jays at bats were entirely due to quality Cleveland pitching.

It's frustrating to watch as a Jays' fan but it's good baseball.

And Bauer gotta be done. That's disgusting.

Someone should inform Gibbons to call this guy out. If it's getting on the ball, it's a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom