• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Dodgers to win basically nobody not named Hill, Kershaw or Jansen can pitch in games 6 or 7. At this point they just look like a spent team (especially their pitchers). If they somehow drag their way into the World Series I think the Indians would roll them.

Mrbob

Are least if the Cubs make the world series we can talk about how dumb it is the all Star game determines home field advantage. 100+ win team starting the world series on the road without home field.

Chapman and Jansen's playoffs have played their way to similar contracts this offseason. Which is crazy. I would have figured Aroldis would have gotten way more.

Raziel

Dodgers should really leave in their superior left handed bats no matter who's pitching instead of having Kike lead off and Ruiz clean up. They went down in grand fashion with that slavish match ups mentality.

We Dodger fans actually thought the Dodgers had a chance to win.

a6Qv5jZ.gif

Malo

Banned
Yankees had pitching, Dodgers don't. Dodgers screwed up not paying Grienke

E: If I had to squicken it would be the Cubs. Grandma fanatic watched them everyday on WGN with a NotePad keeping score.
No we didn't. We were consistently one of the best offensive teams but our pitching was ass.

I still have nightmares from watching Sidney Ponson pitch.

I hope we get another Major League out of this. I'll take a 30 for 30 special on "The real Major League"

E: Sidney Ponson is better than we have to use.

We relied on way too many former A's. Sorry queso but it's true

jman2050

No we didn't. We were consistently one of the best offensive teams but our pitching was ass.

At least we got the glorious half-season of Aaron Small/Shawn Chacon, one of the most baffling runs of no-name competent pitching I've ever seen.

I still can't believe it happened to this day.

Mrbob

Cubs bought the wrong Yankees reliever.

Thanks for Torres!

Chapman has been pretty good in actual save situations so hopefully Maddon stops bringing him out in non save non 9th inning scenarios.

Wouldn't be surprised if Torres becomes a player. Cubs farm system is stacked. They still have too many position players in their farm system than they can field at the pro level (besides the talent that is there now) so they'll have to trade some assets. I'm sure plenty more will get traded. I'm just glad they didn't trade Baez last year as he is turning into a good MLB starter.

With the amount of players they have waiting to get to the big leagues I'm surprised they spent that money on Heyward.

gamz

Chapman has been pretty good in actual save situations so hopefully Maddon stops bringing him out in non save non 9th inning scenarios.

Wouldn't be surprised if Torres becomes a player. Cubs farm system is stacked. They still have too many position players in their farm system than they can field at the pro level (besides the talent that is there now) so they'll have to trade some assets. I'm sure plenty more will get traded. I'm just glad they didn't trade Baez last year as he is turning into a good MLB starter.

With the amount of players they have waiting to get to the big leagues I'm surprised they spent that money on Heyward.

Agreed and he hasn't had that many chances at a true save. He needed work last night so I didn't have a issue with getting him out there.

gamz

Look he's been shit this year, but they'll fix his swing in the offseason and he'll be fine. I have zero worries about him.

gamz

The Sox letting Lester walk looks worse and worse with each passing day...

He makes 3/4 of what Price makes but is twice the postseason pitcher

Lester has been worth every penny. I've just never seen a player that can only throw the ball to home plate. It's amazing (with Ross) he can navigate around that known issue.

Jas

The Sox letting Lester walk looks worse and worse with each passing day...

He makes 3/4 of what Price makes but is twice the postseason pitcher

That whole situation still blows me away.

The 4/70 offer
Putting 0 value on a guy that could pitch in Boston
Putting 0 value on a guy that can pitch in October

Making the worse offer of the 4 teams that made a bid on him and John Henry goes to his house trying to convince him to give him a discount.

Eventually you reap what you sow and they are still paying for not keeping him 2 years later.

Needed 10 more gamz posts.

Heyward is an albatross signing. Dude's bad at the base ball now.

Cubs still have to beat Kershaw or Hill. Certainly not a certainty they'll win 1 of the next two.

Heyward's swing is broken, but I think he can work on it in the offseason. He's not as bad as he's playing right now. He's a tall guy with a long swing, it's just not working. He's useless at the plate this post season, but I'm optimistic he'll have a decent year next season. At least we probably won't see him start the rest of this series with 2 tough lefties going.

Heyward's swing is broken, but I think he can work on it in the offseason. He's not as bad as he's playing right now. He's a tall guy with a long swing, it's just not working. He's useless at the plate this post season, but I'm optimistic he'll have a decent year next season. At least we probably won't see him start the rest of this series with 2 tough lefties going.

True, Hes defense is still solid, though I'd rather see Contreras start in the outfield given that he seems to be thriving in the postseason along with Baez and I can see him actually making solid contact against Kershaw next game. If the Cubbies were to have a lead late, I could see putting Heyward in as a defensive sub since that's the only thing he can still do at a top level.

Though it is kind of strange to see his adjustment from always grounding out, to hitting infield flys all the time, if only he could square up on something...

gamz

Cubs said they know what's wrong with his swing and it'll be worked on in the offseason.

At least we got the glorious half-season of Aaron Small/Shawn Chacon, one of the most baffling runs of no-name competent pitching I've ever seen.

I still can't believe it happened to this day.

It was almost worth letting Tim Redding start. Almost.

bebop242

Needed 10 more gamz posts.

Heyward is an albatross signing. Dude's bad at the base ball now.

Cubs still have to beat Kershaw or Hill. Certainly not a certainty they'll win 1 of the next two.

Fuck that, Cubs will win tomorrow with Heyward driving in the winning run.

zulux21

Fuck that, Cubs will win tomorrow with Heyward driving in the winning run.
obviously the cubs will jump to a large lead tomorrow, only to have an error on what should be an easy inning ending double play that will balloon to 5 runs, causing them to fall behind and lose the game, and then not be able to get anything going and lose game 7 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom