• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbun

Fuck that, Cubs will win tomorrow with Heyward driving in the winning run.

I actually feel confident about tomorrow’s game.

But Heyward driving in the winning run.. um, yeah….

I hope to God Maddon sits his ass and puts Almora in right. He should just for the fact they are going against a left-hander.

Caja 117

I got a feeling that the Cubs will either win tomorow or loose game 7.

Thinking about it, looks like back to the future could be off just by one year. :eek:

I wonder how Billy Beane feels when he watches Addison Russell these days......

Probably feels like a real bad case of gas.

BTW, I owe you a box of the bay area's finest vittles!

Cubs said they know what's wrong with his swing and it'll be worked on in the offseason.

Not sure that's how it works. But I hope so.

Fuck that, Cubs will win tomorrow with Heyward driving in the winning run.

Is that a prediction or a prayer?

Ehh Lester wasn't all that good in his first year in Chicago, Heyward tried to do too much early on and dug him self into a hole. He will bounce back next year.

Is there supposed to be some kind of correlation between a pitcher having a rough year and a hitter's swing being broken beyond all recognition?

The problem for Chicago is that he already has his money. If he doesn't start pumping out some 5-7 WAR seasons like fast he's not going to opt out and the Cubs are going to be stuck paying $25 million a year for BJ Upton-esque production.

Mrbob

Funnily enough when the signing happened I was thinking oh damn this is only a couple year deal as Heyward will opt out. Now I'm thinking oh damn team is stuck with this contract for like 7 years.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
why? it's safe and warm and cozy here. do we really need some European kids telling us "why is it called the World Series if it's only played in the US? LOL you silly American Goose." or some such.

It's actually not been that bad the last 2 years since we've been having it over there.

Malo

Banned
I appreciate puns

but I still hate them nonetheless

Reposting from the offseason thread, but would anyone be interested in me making a Discord chat for MLB-GAF? NHL-GAF has one and has worked out well.
Sure. It might be the only way to bring back the dead like Frank and Enron.

Choomp

Banned
I appreciate puns

Reposting from the offseason thread, but would anyone be interested in me making a Discord chat for MLB-GAF? NHL-GAF has one and has worked out well.

that would be fuuuuun

Metal Gear GAF had a telegram chat and it was pretty cool

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I appreciate puns

I made a ps4 group for MLB gaf but no one really joined it

rip

Needed 10 more gamz posts.

Heyward is an albatross signing. Dude's bad at the base ball now.

Cubs still have to beat Kershaw or Hill. Certainly not a certainty they'll win 1 of the next two.

that's quite an assumption. of course it's possible that this who is he going forward, but it would be much more surprising if a guy with 3500 PA of a .784 ops suddenly fell off a cliff at age 26. the most likely scenario is that he rebounds.

Is there supposed to be some kind of correlation between a pitcher having a rough year and a hitter's swing being broken beyond all recognition?

The problem for Chicago is that he already has his money. If he doesn't start pumping out some 5-7 WAR seasons like fast he's not going to opt out and the Cubs are going to be stuck paying $25 million a year for BJ Upton-esque production.

except that heyward plays spectacular defense, and upton was always average defensively.

3N16MA

Banned

Heyward is incredibly stellar in RF that he only has to have an average or even slightly below average offensive season and he would have a pretty solid season overall.

However his 2016 is absolutely horrid in terms of offense. If he can find a way to fix it and be some what decent he will be back on track.

I don't even own a PS4 yet! ;P

Still haven't bought one. Maybe I will get a Nintendo Switch and enjoy the 12 minutes of battery life.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Same here. Not thrilled with SFV to get one.

Still haven't bought one. Maybe I will get a Nintendo Switch and enjoy the 12 minutes of battery life.

I'll likely get a Pro next month, just so I have a PS4 by the time Persona 5 comes out.

Hell, I still need to get a replacement PS3 when my phat died a few years back to YLOD.

Only other game I can think of picking up would be Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator.

3N16MA

Banned
I'll likely get a Pro next month, just so I have a PS4 by the time Persona 5 comes out.

Hell, I still need to get a replacement PS3 when my phat died a few years back to YLOD.

Only other game I can think of picking up would be Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator.

Most likely will pick up a Pro at some point. Played through most of the PS3 games that I wanted to and I can't pass on RDR 2.

Am I the only one that actually buys a console and plays it?

completely forgetting I am probably going to spring for a Xbox One at Christmas because Forza is the only MS exclusive I can't live without

3N16MA

Banned

completely forgetting I am probably going to spring for a Xbox One at Christmas because Forza is the only MS exclusive I can't live without

I play but not nearly as much as I once did. Nowadays I look for great single player games and usually take more time to finish them off. Still a great form of entertainment but it shares time with other hobbies and entertainment.

bebop242

Once I built a computer, i pretty much dropped my PS4 like a bad habit.

Agreed on Xbox and Forza. Debating on just getting it on PC or get a xbox slim for it and Sunset Overdrive and EA access.

I play but not nearly as much as I once did. Nowadays I look for great single player games and usually take more time to finish them off. Still a great form of entertainment but it shares time with other hobbies and entertainment.

I find my gaming time on my PS4 has tanked considerably since I moved out into the country. Most of that is my internet now going to 5 MB per seconds at best, but aside from Mafia III I haven't played much on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom