• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBroly

Banned
Rangers 3-0
Red Sox 3-1
Giants 3-0
Nationals 3-2

Rangers 4-2
Nationals 4-3

Nationals 4-2, gain Senators name rights back for flavor

Worried seeing Upton Jr. in the lineup. He's been hard to watch.

Here's hoping the Jays will play well and win, though. It'd be great to see.

thefro

For the Cubs tomorrow, its all about shaking the rust off as soon as possible. They haven't played a meaningful game in 2 weeks and I'm a big believer of momentum in the playoffs. I think they will do absolutely nothing for the first half of the game. Hopefully, they figure it out and Lester keeps it close to have a chance to win at the end.

The Cubs only went 9-3 (and a tie) in their last 13 games, so they didn't exactly coast into the playoffs. I'm sure the brain-trust has been thinking of how to minimize the rust (they did have a scrimmage game Tuesday).

Robert807

Wow I see empty seats. Don't they care about their team. You would think all the seats be filled. Who care if it's an afternoon game, that's not an excuse

Wow I see empty seats. Don't they care about their team. You would think all the seats be filled. Who care if it's an afternoon game, that's not an excuse

I mean that's why the Sox got the national game at 7. They draw better. Even though the Indians haven't drawn in a while I'm willing to bet the stadium will be full.

I'm at work. Internet's too poor to stream the game in my building. Sportsnet tracker is still saying Travis took the first pitch ball 1.

WHAT IS HAPPENING PEOPLE.

Hobbun

For the Cubs tomorrow, its all about shaking the rust off as soon as possible. They haven't played a meaningful game in 2 weeks and I'm a big believer of momentum in the playoffs. I think they will do absolutely nothing for the first half of the game. Hopefully, they figure it out and Lester keeps it close to have a chance to win at the end.

Although Fowler ripping a double leading off might speed that up. Lol

Yes, shaking off the rust is a given. But that's why, someone else had mentioned, they've been having scrimmage games this week.

It would be great if Fowler cranked a double and then they scored to start the game. And this is what they've done a lot this year. However, I was also trying to think realistically going against Cueto.

I agree with you, I don't believe they are going to do anything for at least the first half of the game. But I feel the longer Cueto stays in, the less of a chance they will get on the board. They need to get to that BP. They've done well in knocking pitchers out earlier in games and I feel that is what they will need to do here with Cueto (and with Bum in game 3).

Why isn't there a stationary camera on first base? All those replays were sweeping cameras trying to follow the ball and show next to nothing.

Not saying the call was wrong though, it was pretty bang-bang. Tough to overturn. Gibbons should have known that what a waste of a review.

KingBroly

Banned
Why isn't there a stationary camera on first base? All those replays were sweeping cameras trying to follow the ball and show next to nothing.

Not saying the call was wrong though, it was pretty bang-bang. Tough to overturn. Gibbons should have known that what a waste of a review.

Umpire would obstruct the play

EDIT - DUMB fielding error, lol

bebop242

Yes, shaking off the rust is a given. But that's why, someone else had mentioned, they've been having scrimmage games this week.

It would be great if Fowler cranked a double and then they scored to start the game. And this is what they've done a lot this year. However, I was also trying to think realistically going against Cueto.

I agree with you, I don't believe they are going to do anything for at least the first half of the game. But I feel the longer Cueto stays in, the less of a chance they will get on the board. They need to get to that BP. They've done well in knocking pitchers out earlier in games and I feel that is what they will need to do here with Cueto (and with Bum in game 3).

It will be interesting to see how those simulated games help. Surely they aren't the first team to do this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom