• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

prag16

Banned
Britt McHenryVerified account ‏@BrittMcHenry 4h4 hours ago
When I spoke with Noah Syndergaard ahead of tonight's game, he said he's already looking at the #Cubs #Mets

lol

This isn't any kind of zinger. If Familia had said that, fine. But Syndergaard was even more dominant than Bumgarner tonight (albeit he was outlasted). There are 24 other guys on the roster. None of them did a single damn thing (other than I guess we'll give Granderson a nod for his big catch in center) to help.

SaintR

For all the Mets fans putting this L strictly on Familia y'all know he's just a regular ol' closer right? I mean theres only one Mariano after all. In all other cases closers are up and down, bad seasons followed by good seasons, good regular seasons followed by bad post seasons and visa versa.

I mean I literally can't name another "dominant" closer in the game that's been: Consistant over several years, good in the regular season, and clutch in the post. Just doesn't exist.

So your just gonna have to deal with Familia and instead try and re-sign Cespedes and stay healthy (lol yeah right) and fix your offense (lol yeah right). This game wasn't lost solely on him, just my 2cents.

Glix

This isn't any kind of zinger. If Familia had said that, fine. But Syndergaard was even more dominant than Bumgarner tonight (albeit he was outlasted). There are 24 other guys on the roster. None of them did a single damn thing (other than I guess we'll give Granderson a nod for his big catch in center) to help.

TJ hit a leadoff double. Should have been driven in. I'll give him a nod too

SaintR

to be fair you aren't going to win a lot of games if you don't score in the first 9 innings :/

Exactly, there's other culprits to hang this loss on, gotta score a run to win. Too many swings at 1st pitches. But then again this is an all time post season pitcher on his game we're talking about here in Bumgarner

Choomp

Banned
Guys I woke up today with a cold(probably in itself should've been an omen) and as soon as I go to bed after the game it turns in to the sickest I've felt in a long time. What kind of sick magic is this? :(

Need Giants / Dodgers NLCS.

*Katarina command throws sf2
7AIKAVG.gif

Line's reaction after getting shryuken'd FADC to U2

Bum want good tonight. He wasn't. He ran into the worst offence in baseball. If he pitched like that against the cubs they'll destroy him.

Giants are very clearly better than we are. They have a real offence, you'll give the cubs a fight.

SecretDan

A mudslide of fun!

Not as dominant? Let's not short change anyone here, what do you call pitching a complete game shutout with a game score of 88 compared to Syndergaards 82? And I don't care who said that they were looking to the Cubs already, it's not a good look when you lose.

Not as dominant? Let's not short change anyone here, what do you call pitching a complete game shutout with a game score of 88 compared to Syndergaards 82? And I don't care who said that they were looking to the Cubs already, it's not a good look when you lose.
Game score? El oh el

gamz

Line_HTX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

Baseball �� take: Buck was right not using his closer, #Mets shouldn't have used Familia. Closers function differently in non-save situations

Hmm, is it that drastically different though?

Baseball �� take: Buck was right not using his closer, #Mets shouldn't have used Familia. Closers function differently in non-save situations

As the home team, the general rule tends to be to use your closer in the top of the inning to give your team the chance to walk off in the bottom of the inning. The situation is not drastically different at all.

Lexxism

Tweet him that the Blue Jays used their closer last Tue when the game was tied!

BigAT

You're being asked to get 3 outs in the ninth inning. It's the same thing.

Beckx

What drugs do you have to be on to think a closer is so specialized that they are helpless if they don't have a lead?

BFIB

Cubs gonna get owned. No turning back now, last night played out exactly how even year magic works.

Pagan is seen sipping beer from a cup seconds before the can is thrown at Kim. Then less than a minute later he's gone.

If it wasn't him, he absolutely knows who did it.

And yea, I think his career is fucked, at least in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom