• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbsmcs

Predictions:

Jays over Rangers 3-1
Sox over Indians 3-0

Nats over Dodgers 3-2
Cubs over EYBS 3-1

Jays over Sox 4-3
Nats over Cubs 4-2

Jays vs Nats World Series
My heart says Jays.

Predictions:

Jays over Rangers 3-1
Sox over Indians 3-0

Nats over Dodgers 3-2
Cubs over EYBS 3-1

Jays over Sox 4-3
Nats over Cubs 4-2

My heart says Jays.

if the Cubs get past EYBS there is no way they lose to the Nats. Also I don't see Jays beating the Rags.

I don't agree with your predicts much at all lol

Im gonna go with...

Rags 3-2 Jays

Sox 3-1 Indians

Doyers 3- Nats 0

Cubs 3- EYBS 2

Cubs 4- Doyers 1

Sox 4- Rags 3

Cubs 4- Sox 2

BFIB

Predictions:

Jays over Rangers 3-1
Sox over Indians 3-0

Nats over Dodgers 3-2
Cubs over EYBS 3-1

Jays over Sox 4-3
Nats over Cubs 4-2

My heart says Jays.

Here's mine:

Rangers over Jays
Indians over Sox

Dodgers over Nats
Destiny over Cubs

Indians over Rangers
Destiny over Dodgers

Destiny wins . Though the Indians are my choice, devil magic too strong to ignore.

wbsmcs

if the Cubs get past EYBS there is no way they lose to the Nats. Also I don't see Jays beating the Rags.

I don't agree with your predicts much at all lol

Im gonna go with...

Rags 3-2 Jays

Sox 3-1 Indians

Doyers 3- Nats 0

Cubs 3- EYBS 2

Cubs 4- Doyers 1

Sox 4- Rags 3

Cubs 4- Sox 2

Yea I'm not really basing them around anything concrete lol. The way I see it, if Jays take one in Texas, I see them closing out in Toronto.

Sox will do what they have to do against the Indians.

For the Nats to have a chance against LA, Scherzer will have to beat Kersh at least once, and I think he does that in Game 5, rather than Game 1.

Cubs win because fuck the Giants.

From there I wouldn't be surprised to see two 7 games series. Coin flips.

Yea I'm not really basing them around anything concrete lol. The way I see it, if Jays take one in Texas, I see them closing out in Toronto.

Sox will do what they have to do against the Indians.

For the Nats to have a chance against LA, Scherzer will have to beat Kersh at least once, and I think he does that in Game 5, rather than Game 1.

Cubs win because fuck the Giants.

From there I wouldn't be surprised to see two 7 games series. Coin flips.

i get what you are saying for the Nats but the rest of the team with the injuries tells me they aren't gonna do shit this playoffs.

I am okay with that since I hate the Nats. Sucks for the injuries though since you never wanna see that, I would like them to be swept by someone at their best

wbsmcs

i get what you are saying for the Nats but the rest of the team with the injuries tells me they aren't gonna do shit this playoffs.

I am okay with that since I hate the Nats. Sucks for the injuries though since you never wanna see that, I would like them to be swept by someone at their best

The curse of 2012 Strasburg. It's a real thing.

Malo

Banned
Predictions:

ALDS
Rangers in 5
Fuck the Red Soxs

NLDS
Dodgers in 4
Cubs in 4

ALCS
Rangers in 6

NLCS
Cubs in 6

WS
Cubs in 6

prag16

Banned
TJ hit a leadoff double. Should have been driven in. I'll give him a nod too

Fair. Bruce, Rivera (Rene), and Loney came up empty there. Damn Bruce. Runner on 2nd and nobody out; the strikeout is the worst possible play there. You have to move that damn runner over. Wonder if they ever considered asking him to bunt.

The only thing worse than Cubs-Giants would be either of those teams vs Red Sox.

Think I'm hoping Giants beat Cubs, lose to whoever. And that Red Sox get swept in the first round.

Hopping on the Indians bandwagon for now

Thanks for the birthday gift a day in advance Giants!

Another year closer to 40. :(

Happy Birthday, old man!
Almost 36 here.

Famila can take his 51 saves and shove them up his ass. Not one of them matters now. Picked up right where he left of vs. Kansas City.

I don't follow the Mets closely enough in the regular season to know he was so dominant, but I saw him crumble three times last WS against the Royals. When he gave up that opening double last night, it looked all too familiar.

In fact, I'm going to watch that Gordon home run again to get this day back on track.

I honestly don't see this Blue Jays team being any better than last year's. I'll be pulling for them and the Cubs, but I'll be very surprised if they can take down Texas.

Nobody in baseball had more appearances, Innings, or pitches than familia over the last three years.

He's a dominant closer that got overworked and have up his second home run all year.

He's a great closer who had a bad game, it happens.

He didn't crumble against the royals, he had one bad game. The other issues were all bad defence.

wbsmcs

Jays lineup this afternoon:

Travis 2B
Donaldson 3B
EE 1B
Bautista DH
Martin C
Tulo SS
Pillar CF
Upton LF
Carrera RF

Silver Arrows' favorite announcer lied about losing his voice to a throat infection, it was actually a result of having his 8th (!) surgery for hair plugs.

National Spokesman for Nepotism reveals that hair plug addiction nearly cost him his career

heh

I guess Joe here is somewhat related to Wayne Rooney then!

Though he is right that broadcasting is often a looks based business...but you can make the very strong case that Joe only got in because of his father's name.

Malo

Banned
Nobody in baseball had more appearances, Innings, or pitches than familia over the last three years.

He's a dominant closer that got overworked and have up his second home run all year.

He didn't crumble against the royals, he had one bad game. The other issues were all bad defence.
Not named Betances.

BigAT

Who pitched worse last night, Familia or Bumgarner?

BFIB

I'm convinced that the Giants could send out no one on the field for defense and somehow still win.

none of this really matters at all, but the meatball inside me is kind of glad that EYBS and godly bumgarner are getting so much attention right now. less pressure on the cubs.

Hobbun

We broke devil magic last year. We can take EYBS down as well.

I think the key for the Cubs, at least against Cueto and Madbum, is to work every at-bat. Get high pitch counts and knock them out as early as possible, even if they aren’t able to score. They’ve been good at doing this all year. And when the Giants have to go to their less-than-stellar BP, then that is their chance get out ahead and hopefully take control.

The Cubs strength is usually scoring early and holding the lead, but they just may not be able to do so going against two of the top pitchers in the game.

Obviously, the Cubs pitchers have to do their part as well. But I have more confidence with that than the Cubs busting open against Madbum or Cueto.

Indians winning it all.
DILLON_predator.gif

Damn right! Go Tribe!

bebop242

I think the key for the Cubs, at least against Cueto and Madbum, is to work every at-bat. Get high pitch counts and knock them out as early as possible, even if they aren’t able to score. They’ve been good at doing this all year. And when the Giants have to go to their less-than-stellar BP, then that is their chance get out ahead and hopefully take control.

The Cubs strength is usually scoring early and holding the lead, but they just may not be able to do so going against two of the top pitchers in the game.

Obviously, the Cubs pitchers have to do their part as well. But I have more confidence with that than the Cubs busting open against Madbum or Cueto.

For the Cubs tomorrow, its all about shaking the rust off as soon as possible. They haven't played a meaningful game in 2 weeks and I'm a big believer of momentum in the playoffs. I think they will do absolutely nothing for the first half of the game. Hopefully, they figure it out and Lester keeps it close to have a chance to win at the end.

Although Fowler ripping a double leading off might speed that up. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom