• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
My prediction: After Cleveland wins their first playoff series, they end up playing Toronto in a decently competitive series. They go ahead 2-0 with ease before letting Toronto even the series at 2-2 making them sweat a bit. They recover and win the series 4-2 to go to the World Series.

There they meet the Giants, a Bay Area team who recently won the championship and who seem preordained by everyone to win it again. Cleveland quickly finds itself down 3-1 with Bumgarner set to pitch game 5 for the series and EYBS seems to strike again. However, during a night in the town a drunken Bumgarner gets into a scuffle with a heckler and kicks him in the nuts, but strains his hamstring in the process and knocks himself out of commission for game 5. Cleveland wins games 5 and 6 and is poised for the comeback, but Bumgarner heals just in time to pitch the pivotal game 7 for all the marbles. He throws an absolute gem, as expected, but behind a bevy of starters and Miller the Indians keep up with him and pull ahead in the late innings. Their comeback is complete when Rajai Davis robs Conor Gillapsie of a go-ahead homer in the 9th to seal the victory and give the Indians their first world series in, I don't know, who cares, it was a long time ago.

Lebron James is named World Series MVP.

I thought we were bros.

wbsmcs

I feel like Darvish is going to strike out 10+ today. Either the Jays hit some solo shots and Happ + Grilli/Osuna are lights out, or the Jays are going to lose a boring one 4-1.

Chase17

So we need David Price to not suck in the postseason (lol) or we're stuck looking at a Clay Buchholz must-win Game 3...
200.gif

Robert807

Is there a rain delay, I sure hope so. I wanna drink beer and watch this game. I can't do that if game starts at 1, 5 be a better time for the game. 7 would be perfect

Dang no rain delay,
Go Jays go

thefro

Where Szczur has been good off the bench and good at defense, Almora is an exceptional defender and almost as good, if not as good, at the plate.

I think it was a good choice.

Yeah, he's more of a contact hitter and plays elite D. I like the move as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom