• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Playoffs 2016 | Only thing worse than a Trump win is another Giants win

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't understand the simpsons reference. are you thinking of the joke they made on family guy? that and the super bowl thing is kind of proving my point. he's a part of cubs folklore because non-cubs fans can't stop bringing it up constantly. if people want to keep talking about him, then that's on them. people should just stop pretending like he was ever hated by the cubs fanbase.

Bartman achieved notoriety because Cubs fans turned him into a scapegoat. The rest of baseball world just cheered and went about their business.

mz30446_catching_hell_001.jpg

Bartman achieved notoriety because Cubs fans turned him into a scapegoat. The rest of baseball world just cheered and went about their business.

so very dumb.

no, they didn't. you are generalizing a group based on the actions of a handful of morons. you have no idea what you're talking about. this shit is so tiring. yeah, the rest of the world "went about their business" so much that they are the ones bringing him up all the fucking time. if cubs fans blamed anyone, it was alex gonzalez, or dusty for leaving prior in so long in game 2. but hey, that's not as interesting a narrative as "cubs fans run poor fan out of town!". maybe stop paying attention to the sensationalism that espn and other sports outlets thrive on. you're falling for their shit just like the idiots who get fired up by things skip bayless says.

i'm sure i'll hear about bartman again soon, and i'm positive it won't be from a cubs fan.

gamz

so very dumb.

no, they didn't. you are generalizing a group based on the actions of a handful of morons. you have no idea what you're talking about. this shit is so tiring. yeah, the rest of the world "went about their business" so much that they are the ones bringing him up all the fucking time. if cubs fans blamed anyone, it was alex gonzalez, or dusty for leaving prior in so long in game 2. but hey, that's not as interesting a narrative as "cubs fans run poor fan out of town!". maybe stop paying attention to the sensationalism that espn and other sports outlets thrive on. you're falling for their shit just like the idiots who get fired up by things skip bayless says.

i'm sure i'll hear about bartman again soon, and i'm positive it won't be from a cubs fan.

No true cubs fan gives a crap about bartman and it certainly wasn't his fault. That's been knows for years. It's just a cute story for the masses.

Great win and Lester got it done.

so very dumb.

In this thread, in order, you've gone from "non-cubs fans" to "a few awful fans" back to "non-cubs fans constantly bringing it up" circling back to "a handful of morons" ((who are presumably cubs fans) and then gamz chips in with "no true cubs fan".

Here, educate yourself:
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/129/Moving-the-Goalposts

Don't worry, when you get eliminate you'll be back to blaming Billy Sianis.

No true cubs fan gives a crap about bartman and it certainly wasn't his fault. That's been knows for years. It's just a cute story for the masses.

Are true cubs fans the one's that piss in cups at Wrigley because they don't want' to queue for the toilets?

When your season depends on Clay Buchholz in a must-win game

giphy.gif

Too bad Beckett went and got fat, Curt Schilling turned into an old racist game dev hack, and Dice-K is...somewhere

Dice K the 🐐 won a road game during the World Series , his first post season too
Worth the $44885358555$655 spent
Won game 7 against the LeBrons and drove in 2 runs on the road in game 3
😎

Price can gtfo , you can't fix SHOOK

In this thread, in order, you've gone from "non-cubs fans" to "a few awful fans" back to "non-cubs fans constantly bringing it up" circling back to "a handful of morons" ((who are presumably cubs fans) and then gamz chips in with "no true cubs fan".

Here, educate yourself:
https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/129/Moving-the-Goalposts

Are true cubs fans the one's that piss in cups at Wrigley because they don't want' to queue for the toilets?

i didn't even know who billy sianis was until just now. you're seriously accusing me of moving the goalposts? anybody with any common sense would have seen my comment of "only non-cubs fans" and known that wasn't meant to be taken 100% literally. of course there are exceptions. but you know that, you're just trying to pick at minute details to find a way to be right. you're a mets fan, right? wouldn't it be annoying if i made fun of you for sending death threats to chase utley? wouldn't it be very dumb to generalize all mets fans like this? you're taking stupid sports behavior and pinning it on one entire fanbase, when you could do this for every team ever. i'm sure 100% of mets fans would have given bartman a standing ovation. good guys.

people like you are such hypocrites. you claim that cubs fans care so much, yet you are the type of person who brings it up. and why? because you don't like the sports team i root for. you're claiming to have sympathy for this guy, yet you're the one refusing to let it die so you can feel superior in stupid sports arguments. not just a hypocrite, a meatheaded hypocrite.

you said some stupid shit over irrational sports hatred, and you got called out. take the loss and move on. and leave steve bartman alone, please.

You guys remember that one Cubs fan that cost the team a trip to the world series? I think his name was... uh... STEVE BARTMAN?

I can't wait for The Cruncher to go deep today. Mix in a couple Joc dingers and I'll be happy.

I want the Cubitos to make the WS if only to see if Bartman will show himself.

Marlins Man will probably end up finding him and inviting him to sit front row or something

gamz

Here, educate yourself:

Been going to Wrigley all my life never seen fans pissing in cups. sorry.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Was out all night so I missed the game. Went as I expected I see.

Just need to get a split with a Game 2 win. Otherwise, it'll have to be a 2012 come from down 0-2 to win 3 straight thing all over again.

That Baez oh so subtle bat flip was pretty great.

I've been gone for a few weeks, what's gotten Cub fan so angry in this thread?

GO TRIBE

Which would have been even more hilarious if he ended up flying out to the wall if the wind was just a bit stronger.

Oh that would have been just the most Cubs thing ever.

flyover

Mlb network? So no fs1, no tbs? Mlb playoffs tv scheduling is so weird. Its like they want to lose viewers

So is the game blacked out altogether in the Chicago area for MLB Network and/or mlb.tv subscribers? Is there any way to watch it locally? The MLB site has basically no info on whether this particular game is (as opposed to regular season games, which are blacked out).

So is the game blacked out altogether in the Chicago area for MLB Network and/or mlb.tv subscribers? Is there any way to watch it locally? The MLB site has basically no info on whether this particular game is (as opposed to regular season games, which are blacked out).
It shouldn't be blacked out.
I mean it's a playoff game, how would they not let the city's fans watch the game?
I'm wondering how my grandparents (huge Cubs fans) will be able to watch since I don't think they suscribe to MLB Network.

bebop242

Cubs game will be watchable on MLB Network even if you don't suscribe to it allegedly. http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/mlb-network-extends-olive-branch-to-confused-cubs-viewers/

I have Playstation Vue which doesn't carry MLB Network so I'm shit out of luck. I have an out of town guest coming tonight and I'm currently debating between just listening on the radio or having him meet me at a bar (which he won't mind).

Wonder why they switched it? I saw an article from a few days ago that said they moved it from FS1 to MLB network. Did they really do that for FS1 to show UFC prelims?

Was out all night so I missed the game. Went as I expected I see.

Just need to get a split with a Game 2 win. Otherwise, it'll have to be a 2012 come from down 0-2 to win 3 straight thing all over again.
Cueto actually pitched great. Baez connected on one of Cueto's rare mistake.

Robert807

I don't follow the cubs at all but I too have heard about cubs fans pissing in cups. I think they were fixing up the stadium at the start of the season. Half of the toilets was out of order.

Jays-Indians ALCS sounds like shit

I'd happily root for all 4 of the teams left in the NL in the World Series against either of those teams.

(yes, even EYBS for the lols)

Dodgers/Nationals postponed til tomorrow. Lame.

It's because of the harsh weather that's going on in the East Coast that I'm in (I happen to live in Hampton Roads in Virginia), especially in Washington, D.C. If they were playing against each other in LA in Dodger Stadium, it would've been different.

But it definitely sucks. Got to wait another 4 hours just to see the Cubs & the Giants play in Chicago.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
You can probably watch the mlb network games on mlb.tv with some kind of proxy service. Unblock us or whatever it is called will work.

bebop242

So one of two things will happen. Shark having a chip on his shoulder for the Cubs throws a perfect game or Shark having a chip on his shoulder for the Cubs gives up 6 runs in under 5 innings. No inbetween.

billeh

So one of two things will happen. Shark having a chip on his shoulder for the Cubs throws a perfect game or Shark having a chip on his shoulder for the Cubs gives up 6 runs in under 5 innings. No inbetween.
I hope Russell homers off him.

muh narrative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom